Jessica (Stuck in Books)'s Reviews > The Reluctant Wife

The Reluctant Wife by Bronwen Evans

bookshelves: entangled, blog-tour

Awwww, I loved this book! I don't read adult contemporary that often, but when it catches my eye, I just can't help myself. The Reluctant Wife was DEFINITELY a pleasant discovery for me in this genre. This book made me so happy! It set my heart all aflutter and everything.

There were oh, so many things I adored about this book. First of all, I loved how the characters went through problems that are not exactly approached in other books. Not taboo subjects or anything, but simply problems that aren't that common in the books I read. Another thing I loveloveloved about this book was Bronwen's writing. I felt it all, guys. ALL OF IT. Oh, happiness. As far as my absolute favorite thing about this book, I'd have to say it's the characters!

Character Rundown:
Abby: I actually liked her. She was at first portrayed as a fickle girl who had a lot to learn. Throughout the story, she grew into a woman that did not irritate me (which is SUCH a good thing, thank goodness) and could actually stand up for herself without looking like she had no clue what she was talking about. And I liked her even when she WASN'T with Dante. Usually, I need the guy around to make things interesting. That was not the case here. So, yeah, I liked her character. I respect it, too.

Dante: Well, first, y'all need to give me a minute to freak out over the fact that HIS NAME IS DANTE. That alone made him hot, if I'm being completely honest. But then add to that the fact that he's, of course, attractive, charming, and sooooo stubborn. I love this guy! He's so sweet and he cares a lot, but he DIDN'T show it that much. And that is so different from what I usually see. I enjoyed watching him change from cold-hearted businessman to sweetheart swoon-worthy guy. I mean, he was always swoon-worthy, but I love the second, sweeter version of him SO much better.

Plot. As I said, the characters face issues that aren't typically addressed in many stories. So that was a definite plus. This was also a very quick read. I read it in one sitting and everything. Fun fact: I don't care how fast y'all think I read, if I read something in one sitting it was probably freaking AMAZING. I also had a nice time watching how the characters worked through the issues. And argued about them. Because let's be honest, guys. How many people DON'T love a good argument every now and then? Especially in a book? FUN, right?

Dante + Abby. Oh, these two. They are so sadly misguided in their feelings for each other. I rooted for them from page one, but it took them longer than that to come to their senses. They so clearly would go to the ends of the world for each other. I find it kind of funny how in these situations, everyone realizes this except the people involved. This was especially fun to see in The Reluctant Wife. Ha, "reluctant." Really? Either way, these two are so great and I think they make a terrific couple. AHHHHHHHH, I HEART THEM.

The ending. So, at first with this ending, I was all distraught. But then I read on and was like "OHHHHH, AWWWWW!" So...yeah. A beautiful ending to a marvelous story. It planted a smile on my dimple face, that's for sure.

Overall, The Reluctant Wife was a fantastic story that was centered around things I don't read about every day while still featuring characters that made me so happy. Honestly, they made my tummy all tingly and happy feeling. That is never a bad thing, my friends. ;)

You can find more from me on my blog: Just a Booklover
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Wife.

January 24, 2013 – Shelved