Laura's Reviews > Fried Eggs with Chopsticks: One Woman's Hilarious Adventure into a Country and a Culture Not Her Own

Fried Eggs with Chopsticks by Polly Evans

Aug 26, 2007

did not like it
bookshelves: travel-adventure
Recommended for: nobody nobody nobody nobody

Absolutely horrendous...

I should've known from the outset by the poorly designed cover and obnoxious title that this book would be a disappointment. With a pitiful sense of humor that limps weakly from page to page, the author delves into the filth and misery that she maintains is the true China.

While some of her observations may in part be true (I admittedly have no idea), she decimates any interest in reading of her experiences in the country any further. After describing the unsanitary waste disposal system, the excrutiatingly painful "massage" intended to rid her of the flu, the blackened, stench-filled air, the author had almost nothing positive to say her experiences while there. I will definitely look elsewhere to get a more substantial and enthralling look at China.

Honestly, I couldn't even finish the book...and I NEVER give up on books, I always hold out until the very end. If you value your time and money in the slightest, do not waste the precious moments of your life with this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fried Eggs with Chopsticks.

Finished Reading