Pdxstacey's Reviews > Him Her Him Again the End of Him

Him Her Him Again the End of Him by Patricia Marx

it was ok
Recommended for: Steve Martin

Sorry Lindsay, I didn't like this book.

The first half made me very anxious and brought back bad memories of stupid people I dated in college. I found myself flipping to the back and looking at the author's photo. She looks very pleased with herself.

Have you ever spent time with someone who does stand up? It can be very annoying. I used to be friends with a screenwriter, he would often tell me how amazed he was at the sharpness of his own mind. What do you say to a comment like that? Well, there are a lot of things you can say, but many of them are rude.

Anyway, I got the feeling this book was written more for the author than the reader. I started to enjoy it by the second half, but it was draining and a lot of effort. Sort of like dating someone who is good looking, but by the time you have gone on a few dates, it is more and more obvious that their personality is lacking. And then they seem less good looking. But he seemed good looking and it's hard to find a confident, straight man who wears red parachute pants and invites you to fun rooftop parties in the west village. What a find! But then I realized every time we went to dinner, we had to go back to his place so he could enter the expense in Quicken on his computer. Ugh. And then I broke up with him, and he sent me an aveda compact he got from modeling at their show. I was not sure what my emotional reaction should be to that gesture and had forgotton about it until I read this book.

So beware!

Just remembered: there is a an intentional grammatical error that is later referenced at the end of the book. I thought that was hysterical. See, I give credit where credit is due.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Him Her Him Again the End of Him.

Started Reading
January 1, 2007 – Finished Reading
August 26, 2007 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Lindsay (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lindsay Are you talking about the rollerblading guy who was in Last Days of Disco?

Jasmine I agree completely. That's exactly how I felt.

Heather Hay Your review is dead on, kinda wish I said it.

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia Nix I agree. If you've made relationship mistakes or just fell in to some relationship traps this book is hard to read. Not sure I will finish it. I will have to be in a really good mood to do so.