KatLynne's Reviews > Treacherous Temptations

Treacherous Temptations by Victoria Vane

Treacherous Temptations opens with a prologue that had me intrigued and kept me quickly turning the pages for more. Victoria Vane has given us a truly bad boy, Sir Hadley Blanchard. From an early age his nights are spent delving into all levels of debauchery while his days are spent in fraudulent dealings steeped in dishonesty and treachery.

He’s come a long way from his early days of despair and idleness. Now, his main goal is exacting revenge on the man whose betrayal robbed him of his title and fortune as well as obtaining the means of restoring all that he’d lost.

Penniless he seeks the innocent heiress, Miss Mary Elizabeth Edwardes, and plots with another to ensnare her in his plan of retribution. Nineteen year old Mary is a complete innocent and soon falls prey to Hadley’s charm. He’s a master in the art of seduction and poor Mary doesn’t stand a chance. But one thing Hadley didn’t count on was his reaction to Mary.

Mary’s simplistic lifestyle has not prepared her for the devious manipulation of those that are now major players in her life. Her honesty and trusting nature soon touches something deep inside the hardened Hadley. I found myself rooting hard for her on many occasions while at others I became frustrated at her lack of maturity. I enjoyed watching this young woman evolve and take a stand for herself.

With a trope that doesn’t normally appeal to me, I picked this up with misgivings. But loving Victoria Vane’s writing, I took the plunge and wasn’t disappointed. Hadley and Mary’s journey is filled with heartache, villains, and deception. There’s also that sultry, erotic heat factor that this author does so well!

The only minor quibble was the ending felt a little rushed and I wanted to know more of the villain's punishment. However, this in no way detracted from my overall enjoyment.

One of the things I enjoyed most was watching the healing and awakening of Hadley’s emotions as an innocent country girl brings this worldly rogue to his knees.

As always, Victoria Vane captures my attention with her rich prose, historical details, and her unique writing style. If you've not had the pleasure of reading her books, I recommend them all!

***Arc kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Ms. Vane. It was a pleasure!***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treacherous Temptations.

January 20, 2013 – Shelved
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: hero-needs-money-searching-for-rich
February 17, 2013 – Shelved as: arc-from-author
February 17, 2013 – Shelved as: one-of-my-fav-authors
February 17, 2013 – Shelved as: review-copy-from-author

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by Dd (last edited Feb 09, 2013 08:05AM) (new)

Dd Hey Kat!Yay,you're back!!How's your mother-in-law?Hope everything's fine!!:))

message 2: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen I look forward to your review, KatLynne.

message 3: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Hi my sweet friend! Glad you enjoyed this, I'm looking forward to your review!

KatLynne Thank you ladies. I hope to have my review up soon;-)

Jill Really enjoyed this one too, KatLynne! A lovely review!

Elizabeth (Liz) Wonderful review, KatLynne!!

message 7: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Lovely review, KatLynne!

message 8: by Baba (new)

Baba  Wonderful review, KatLynne!

KatLynne Jill wrote: "Really enjoyed this one too, KatLynne! A lovely review!"

Thank you Jilly. I don't normally enjoy a penniless hero in search of a rich wife, but Victoria Vane made this work perfectly;)

KatLynne Elizabeth wrote: "Wonderful review, KatLynne!!"

Thank you Elizabeth!;)

KatLynne Susanne wrote: "Lovely review, KatLynne!"

Thank you Susanne! I noticed you have this marked to read and hope you enjoy it too;-)

KatLynne Baba wrote: "Wonderful review, KatLynne!"

Thank you my lovely Babs;)!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Wonderful review KatLynne :) Can't wait to read this one :)

KatLynne Blacky wrote: "Wonderful review KatLynne :) Can't wait to read this one :)"

Thank you Blacky! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did;-)

message 15: by Dd (new)

Dd Wonderful review Kat!!:))

KatLynne Dd wrote: "Wonderful review Kat!!:))"

Thanks D;)