travelmel's Reviews > Fantasy Lover

Apr 01, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: couldn-t-finish, bodice-ripper
Read in February, 2009

I actually quit reading this book because it was so bad. I rarely give up on a book but this one was REALLY LAME. A truely bad bodice ripper.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fantasy Lover.

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Mel,
I am so glad to read your review on this! I kept hearing how great this series was after reading Twilight so I figured I'd get this first book from the library. SO glad I didn't buy it-it was so awful I sent it right back. I didn't make it past the first few chapters. I was almost embarassed to have it in my posssession ;).

travelmel ROFL I hear ya Deb... I'm really scared that the Black Dagger Bros are going to be just like this... will have to wait and see, I guess!

Another series I picked up alot of (from the library, OF COURSE) was the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning. I only read the first one and I didn't hate its guts. Now it was a bodice ripper (from what I understand a bodice ripper to be) but the plot was mildly fun. Maybe I just tolerated it because it was my first bodice ripper so I stuck with it to see where it went.. I don't know.

The other reason I stuck with it is because I had started iwth that author on the "Fever" series which I liked (I've read the first two) alot. Go figure!

Lori i didn't like this book either for the first few chapters but it really turned out well. i actually bought it and was mad i threw good money away, now i'm looking for more of her books. yes, it's a bodice ripper, but it was a fun easy read. the epilogue was straight out of a bad twilight fanfic. not necessary.

message 4: by Tarra (new) - added it

Tarra We all can use a good bodice ripper every now and then! I've read the first couple chapters as a sample and I think I may order it someday. After I finish the Lords of the Underworld! Really like those.

Lori since my last post on this thread, i've bought and read the entire series.. gosh, i think there are like 16-18 books.. all are pretty much similar stories but for some reason i fell in love with the series.. it is NO comparison to twilight, BDB or even lara adrian's midnight breed, but again, they are easy to read bodice rippers.

the epic Acheron was my favorite.. i truly LOVED that book and think it would have held its own without reading the series but with the series behind it... well, it's one of my favorite books in my library.

as for Lords of the Undersworld.. I am enjoying them, kind of similar flavor to the dark-hunters and a wishy washy version of the BDB.

Mel, please read the BDB, you won't regret it, i promise.. well, except for Phury's book... then check out the authors website, she is so awesome!

message 6: by Desnik (new)

Desnik I have had this book sitting on my shelf for months! I just can't bring myself to read it and I am not sure why lol! maybe I won't even bother now.

travelmel Hey ladies... I hadn't seen any of these comments until today.
LOWIE: Glad you liked it.. you make me want to read the epilogue at least! LOL

Tarra: Yes, we know how you loves your Bodice's ... torn and ravenged. LOL

Desnik: you never know...it got good reviews from others :D