Blacky *Romance Addict*'s Reviews > Entice

Entice by Ella Frank

*full review now posted*

“No strings, Josh. Not one. Unless, of course, it’s to tie me up.”

This book has...

The best!

Sexual tension!

And chemistry!

EVER!!!!!!!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I creamed my panties just from those two TALKING! I don't even have to say anything about the sex scenes 'cause they blew my mind!!!

I absolutely loved Exquisite, and this book comes very close to it, in fact, the first half of Entice was even better than the first book! I couldn't believe it! Just amazing  photo 279453.gif

Anyway there was this one thing that bugged me, I guess my brain just couldn't get it because I'd personally handle the situation differently, so I couldn't understand and couldn't like it. Thus the 4 stars rating.

But don't get me wrong. This is still an awesome book, REALLY worth reading, and where I had problems, you may not, so...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"You have a body that’s made to pound a woman into her bed. So, I’m really hoping you can live up to that."

THE WRITING

Usually I start with the story, but I just can't. The writing surpasses everything in this book, is't just that great!
I forgot to mention this in my review for Exquisite, but I absolutely love the POVs! We get both the hero and the heroine, and in exual measure, which I really like. It helps understand both characters and it made me connect to them instantly :)

I'm not an author, but I read lots of books, and from what I've read, I know that great sexual tension is hard to write. How do I know it's hard? Because only a few manage to do it well! And Ella Frank... She did an amazing job, I tell you!  photo 279453.gif
Good sex scenes make me hot, well, that's what they're there for, but when you come to the point when the talking makes you twitchy and squirmy and bothered...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Every scene with them was packed with chemistry, and hell, I didn't even need the sex scenes to make me hot! The dirty talk, the flirting  photo fansmiley.gif
Still, the sex was there, and it was OMG hot!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

He placed his lips against her head, giving her a gentle kiss, and then he whispered, “Take a chance, Shel. I’m not going to hurt you, use you, or take any part of you for granted.”

THE STORY

Josh ended a relationship with a high maintenance woman who used him just for the money. He told himself - never again.
Shelly ended a relationship with a dead-beat guy who used her just for the money. She told herself - never again.
Best Man and Maid of Honor for Mason and Lena's wedding, they meet one night at Exquisite, and immediately realise that 1)they want to jump each other like crazy, 2)they're exactly what either of them is NOT looking for, and 3)no way are they EVER going to have sex or try any kind of relationship.
Yes. Riiiiiight  photo biggestgrin.gif

"He’d told himself over and over that he would not get involved with her. As he slid onto the seat, their knees brushing against one another, he also convinced himself sex did not require involvement."

So basically the story is about Josh and Shelly, both wanting to be together, but both NOT wanting a relationship. So they made a deal, just sex, no strings attached, and no one knows about it  photo 703126.gif

“Sure. If she can do it, so can I. After all, she doesn’t want feelings. She just wants sex.”

That works out really well  photo 355146.gif
Well, the sex thing works out amazingly because I was panting through it all, damn but those scenes were HOT!
The club/parking lot scene - OMG the sparks were bursting all over!
The arrangement in her office *faints*
Well basically all the scenes between them were uber-hot!
A bit later they started to get more and more attached (of course), and we get to see some wonderful romantic scenes between them (the park, the wishing tree), some fights and some making-ups :D
The ending is beautiful, and explains most of what was happening in the last half, and definitely worth it <3 The epilogue was just great!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“Don’t make me want to keep you.”
Josh felt a huge grin spread across his face.
“Well then, don’t make me want to be kept.”

THE CHARACTERS

Shelly

I loved her from the first book :D She's Lena's best friend, and every scene between those two girls was just hilarious :D
Shelly tells it how it is, she doesn't mince words and is refreshingly honest :D
That's why the flirting was so interesting to read, well actually, that can't be called flirting, that was down-right sex talk ahahahahhah LOVED IT!
Anyway let me get back to her... Shelly doesn't want to have a relationship with Josh, she wants someone reliable, and Josh doesn't fit the picture. BUT, Jos being Josh and pretty much irresistible, she starts falling for him more and more.

There is one point in the book where I wanted to kick Shelly, she overreacted in one scene and did the totally wrong thing! But I don't know, I forgave her pretty soon because (since we get to see both POVs) I could understand her better, and I could totally feel her confusion with everything that was happening to them both.
The last 30% were really tough on her and I just felt really bad for her, she didn't deserve that treatment at all, maybe a bit more understanding was in order, but oh well. The ending and epilogue made up for all that and explained everything, and I'm glad it turned out the way it did, it was beautiful  photo 836920.gif

Wearing worn jeans with a rip across the knee, he had big broad shoulders that looked so strong and powerful he could possibly lift her above his head in a bench press. Add in all that amazing wavy brown hair that was just long enough to come down and curl behind his ears, she thought, Crap, I’m screwed.

Josh

*sigh* it was insta-love with us <3 I saw him on paper... he has wavy longish hair... (I have a hair fetish I guess LOL), he looks great, talks dirty and is hot as hell. Oh yeah. Loved him right away.
He doesn't really do the "just sex" thing, doesn't know how it works, but he knows he wants Shelly badly, so he agrees to it :)
Later on he makes his own deal  photo 703126.gif

I pretty much adored him in one scene, Shelly acted immature and used him as a buffer, and he told her he won't take something like that again from her  photo 279453.gif

(view spoiler)

Josh doesn't take long to fall for Shelly and he wants more than just sex. BUT, he knows she doesn't want to, and is confused with other things happening in her life that I won't be talking about right now.
Still, one thing he does in the book I just don't get, no matter how good his POV is, I think he should've handled that some other way.
That's the only reason this is getting four stars. I just don't understand it and I can't approve of what he did. Don't worry, it isn't cheating! He pretty much forces Shelly to grow up and realise what she wants. That's a good thing because she does need that, but the method he used... Nope, me not likey.  photo 927261665.gif

“I’m finding it really hard to fight wanting you, Josh,” she whispered, watching as Josh looked down at her.
He turned his big muscular body toward her, reaching out to cup her face in his hands. “Well, that’s nice to hear, Georgia, because I stopped fighting a while ago.”

Mason and Lena

I LOVED seeing those two again <3 Such a great couple and they made me love this book even more <3

(view spoiler)

There was a teaser chapter for Rachel's book, and I was stupid enough to read it, and now I think I will go CRAZY until it's out!  photo 311685.gif  photo 311685.gif

And so, this book made it to one of my favorites, even if it's 4 stars :D I still loved it and definitely recommend it to everyone (along with the first book which is absolutely fantastic in my opinion).
Thank you Ella for giving me the opportunity to read your book, it was fantastic and I had a lot of fun while reading :)
I will be eagerly waiting for the next installment in this series  photo bliss.gif

*buddy read with Duchess Nicole on 27.01.*

*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entice.

January 20, 2013 – Shelved
January 25, 2013 –
1.0% "I'm starting, I'm starting!!!!!!!!\n \n Photobucket"
January 25, 2013 –
5.0% ""Add in all that amazing wavy brown hair that was just long enough to come down and curl behind his ears, she thought, Crap, I’m screwed."\n \n \n \n OMG! Hair! Wavy! Longish! I'm in love! \n \n description"
January 25, 2013 –
6.0% "OMG!\n I have a German Shepard too!!!!!!!!! OMG!! I don't believe it!!!\n \n Here's one I took this summer while he was sleeping <3\n \n Photobucket"
January 25, 2013 –
12.0% ""Delicious. There’s that stupid annoying word again, but holy cow, he looks edible."\n \n Photobucket"
January 25, 2013 –
14.0% "“No strings, Josh. Not one. Unless, of course, it’s to tie me up.”\n \n OMG I am in love with this book, the chemistry is bursting all over, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\n \n Photobucket"
January 25, 2013 –
18.0% ""Hell, if her friend wasn’t engaged to the pretty boy, Shelly may have found herself entertaining a hot ménage à trois scenario. "\n \n Mason/Blacky/Josh ménage. Sounds good.\n \n Photobucket"
January 25, 2013 –
24.0% "Wow that was uber-hot!!!! Wow!\n \n Photobucket"
January 25, 2013 –
28.0% "She paused, and then stressed, “I don’t want to want a guy like you.”\n \n \n \n Shelly, you're crazy, woman! Want him, want him!!!!!!!!!\n \n Photobucket\n "
January 25, 2013 –
37.0% "Go Shania!!!!!!!!\n \n Photobucket\n \n I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING this book. Absolutely! Loving!!!!!!"
January 25, 2013 –
38.0% "“I can’t wait to get you naked, Josh. Hot, naked, and mine. Hmm, I can’t wait,” she whispered.\n \n Photobucket"
January 25, 2013 –
47.0% ""This lowly construction worker has higher standards than that."\n \n Josh! You are freaking amazing, I love you, man!!!!\n This book... It isn't normal how good it is. Brilliant!\n Photobucket"
Started Reading
January 26, 2013 –
51.0% "“I was determined not to fall for you, and somehow, I don’t think I ever had a chance of resisting.”\n \n Photobucket\n "
January 26, 2013 –
60.0% "Oh Shelly, why did you have to do that???\n \n Photobucket"
January 26, 2013 –
74.0% "Wow that was HOT!!!\n \n description\n \n and then BAM! \n \n description"
January 26, 2013 –
80.0% ""He was not quite ready to hear that yet."\n \n Josh, you're an idiot!\n \n Photobucket"
January 26, 2013 –
86.0% "NO! Not freaking AGAIN!!!!!!\n Photobucket"
January 26, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 132 (132 new)

message 1: by Liz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liz I really enjoyed Exquisite.. I am so looking forward to reading Entice.. Cant wait for your review :-)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks everyone :) Oh I read Exquisite a few days ago and loved it, can't wait to read Shelly's story :DDDDD

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lisa wrote: "Looking forward to your review! :)"

Thanks Lisa :)

message 4: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Enjoy Blacky and congrats!! I am off to meet this HORSE everyone has been gushing about!!! LOL I had to rush through my other book just so I could become aquainted with the man who can keep an erection almost 24 hours a day!!! *dances off to go start reading "Reaper's Property!"*
Happy Reading!!!

message 5: by ♥Trish♥ (new) - added it

♥Trish♥ Hold on peeps.....this is gonna b good :) WTG Blacky

Blacky *Romance Addict* Jen wrote: "Enjoy Blacky and congrats!! I am off to meet this HORSE everyone has been gushing about!!! LOL I had to rush through my other book just so I could become aquainted with the man who can keep an erec..."

Thanks Jen :) And enjoy Horse, he's awesome ahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Blacky *Romance Addict* Trish wrote: "Hold on peeps.....this is gonna b good :) WTG Blacky"

Thanks Trish :))

Blacky *Romance Addict* Em - everybody's got a dark side ;) wrote: "Yay, enjoy, hun ;) Still gotta read, Exquisite"

Thank you Em, do try the first book, it's beautiful <3

Duchess Nicole Woot! Woot!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Duchess Nicole wrote: "Woot! Woot!"

Oh we are gonna have so much fun :DDDDDDD I gotta add our buddy read in the review! forgot!

message 11: by Richa (new) - added it

Richa Still have to read the first one...will get to it soon...and once again, congrats, Blacky!! :)) Enjoy!! :))

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Enjoy, Blacky! I hope it's just as good for you as the first book. Look forward to your review! :o)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Em - everybody's got a dark side ;) wrote: "My kindle's bursting ... and I wanna read them all :( "

LOL I know the feeling :DDD you'll get to it eventually eheh :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Richa wrote: "Still have to read the first one...will get to it soon...and once again, congrats, Blacky!! :)) Enjoy!! :))"

Thanks Richa :) hope you enjoy both books when you get to them :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Anna (Bobs Her Hair) wrote: "Enjoy, Blacky! I hope it's just as good for you as the first book. Look forward to your review! :o)"

Thanks Anna, I'm very excited about it!!!

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle No way Blacky!!! AWESOME!!! I can't wait to read your review (:

Blacky *Romance Addict* Jennifer wrote: "No way Blacky!!! AWESOME!!! I can't wait to read your review (:"

Yeah I'm very happy :DDD I'll try to do my best with the review :)

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Blacky wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "No way Blacky!!! AWESOME!!! I can't wait to read your review (:"

Yeah I'm very happy :DDD I'll try to do my best with the review :)"

You write incredible reviews I can't wait -- (((:::

Blacky *Romance Addict* Jennifer wrote: "Blacky wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "No way Blacky!!! AWESOME!!! I can't wait to read your review (:"

Yeah I'm very happy :DDD I'll try to do my best with the review :)"

You write incredible reviews I..."

*blushes* ugh now I'll REALLY have to do my best ahahahahahha

message 20: by Marita (new)

Marita Hansen How do you get given ARCs? I'd love to get the chance to read some.

Kelly Yay! Enjoy, sweets!! :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Marita wrote: "How do you get given ARCs? I'd love to get the chance to read some."

Well mostly I just request them on NetGalley or Edelweiss, but I have received some from the authors themselves, like it was in this case :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Kelly wrote: "Yay! Enjoy, sweets!! :)"

Thanks Kelly! Absolutely can't wait to start!!

Nicole Enjoy. I'm dying for this book to come out, I LOVED the frist one!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Nicole wrote: "Enjoy. I'm dying for this book to come out, I LOVED the frist one!"

Thanks! I think it'll be out in about a week :D but I can't wait to read too, absolutely loved Exquisite!!! And Shelly was so great in the first book!

message 26: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Enjoy - looking forward to the review.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks Mo! I'll be starting it in an hour I think :DDDDD

message 28: by Liz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liz One more week to go before the release date!! Can't wait..

Blacky *Romance Addict* Liz wrote: "One more week to go before the release date!! Can't wait.."

:DDDDDD Hope it's good!!!!

Tanvi congrats :)

Sunny Good reading! Enjoy and I'll look forward to the review!

.Lili. Ahhh! Can't wait for your updates! I'll live vicariously through your updates until tonight ;)

Duchess Nicole I got it, I got it! Can I start? Oh, wait...I already started, tee hee. GO CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Duchess Nicole wrote: "I got it, I got it! Can I start? Oh, wait...I already started, tee hee. GO CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I got it too!!! Starting ASAP!!!!!

It's just me Shelly B I'm going to have to read this series next! Everyone seems to be enjoying these books!

Blacky *Romance Addict* It's just me Shelly B wrote: "I'm going to have to read this series next! Everyone seems to be enjoying these books!"

Shelly, they're REALLY good! Try!

message 37: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen It's just me Shelly B wrote: "I'm going to have to read this series next! Everyone seems to be enjoying these books!"

You and me both Shelly! I just started book #4 in the Mitchell series but when I'm done I think I will start on this series!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* I hope you like it Jen!

It's just me Shelly B Blacky wrote: "I hope you like it Jen!

BTW Shelly! the heroine in the second book is called SHELLY!!!!!! it's a sign!!!!!!!!"

Oh that is a sign!!!!

Duchess Nicole Where are you, Blacky? I'm at 27% right now...holy freaking HELL, this woman writes some hot freaking scenes. I've got to put it aside for a bit...kids just got home. Gah, KIDS! They need all this ATTENTION!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* I opened up a thread to chart about the book Nicole, go there PLZ!!!!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

jealous , jealous , jealous , jealous !

Blacky *Romance Addict* Karen wrote: "jealous , jealous , jealous , jealous !"

You'll get to read it in a week :D

message 44: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen I'm jealous too!! I am always late to the party!! Heehee!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lol Jen! Doesn't matter as long as you end up reading it lol!

message 46: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Blacky wrote: "Lol Jen! Doesn't matter as long as you end up reading it lol!"

True enough Blacky!!LOL AND I made the decision...I'm gonna start on "Exquisite" today!!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* *squeeeee* Oh you're gonna love Mason <3

message 48: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Blacky wrote: "*squeeeee* Oh you're gonna love Mason <3"

WOOHOO! A new book boyfriend!! *doing my happy dance*!!

message 49: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Awesome review Blacky!! I'm thinkin' I gotta check out Ella Frank :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Melanie wrote: "Awesome review Blacky!! I'm thinkin' I gotta check out Ella Frank :D"

Oh you definitely do, check the book Exquisite! So so great!!!!! I'll write a proper review for this tomorrow, just finished the book and my brain is still processing the information LOL!

« previous 1 3