Delia's Reviews > Betrayed by Shadows

Betrayed by Shadows by Nancy Gideon

Jan 20, 2013

I was worried at the start of this book that I wasn't going to like it as much as the rest of the series. The main character Brigit is just not the lovable type. After all it was her boyfriend who tried to kill Max. Luckily that guy was not all that smart and Max got away with just a few minor injuries. But have faith fellow readers because Nancy Gideon has outdone herself on this one. It takes an excellent writer to take a semi villain, or at least a major annoyance, and turn them into a character you truly care about.
Of course I should mention that Giles is lovable from the start. Loyal to a fault he is the kind of man everyone needs in their corner. He is even to look past all of his coworkers more interesting traits, seeing as they are all shifters.
For those of you really concerened with how Max is doing I will tell you we get a peak or two into that. I'd love to read more about my favorite shifter in upcoming books. Overall this was a fantastic novel. The kind I stayed up far too late on a work night because I just couldn't put it down. Its easy to see why Nancy Gideon has made it into my list of favorite authors!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayed by Shadows.