Marla's Reviews > Spying in High Heels

Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday

5192827

liked it
bookshelves: kindle-library

I read this as part of a boxed set, Vol I books 1-3 plus a short story, but I don't see it on the goodreads list.

One of my co-worker's told me about the box set, it was on sale for only 99 cents for the four stories. She had finished the first one and thought it was like the Stephanie Plum books. She was right, it did remind me of the Plum books and I liked it. I liked that the mystery was solved kind of by accident. While the main character, Maddie, was busy thinking it was someone else, the real murderer show up and a fight ensues that involves a gun of course, but also a nail file and a high heel shoe. Thus the case is solved, but it was more realistic that way since Maddie is by no means a 'sleuth'/detective, just someone with a convenient work at home job, leaving her free to tool around trying to solve the mystery. =)

I'd label this a klutzy detective mystery and add it to the Plum books, the Body Movers series and maybe the Bobbie Faye books(though Bobbie Faye isn't really 'klutzy'). Fun, quick read. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spying in High Heels.

Started Reading