Richa's Reviews > Something About You

Something About You by Julie James

Ok, here comes a quick and short review (quite a feat for me!!) :P...

BAM! BAM! BAM!

(What does it remind you of?)

WhaMA-WhaMA-WhaMA-WhaMA-WhaMA-WhaMA.....

(C'mon readers!! You know the answer!!!!)

Wheewammawamma-BAM! Wheewammawamma-BAM!

(Ok, more clues? Here they come...)

Smack! Smack!

"Oh shit, I'm cooommmminnggg!"

Yes! Oh yes! YES!

You've finally got it right!!

It's the WALLBANGER!!!!

NO! NO! NO!!! Hold your horses, people!

Unfortunately it's not him....

Our wallbanger is....

BAM!!!

SHOCKED???

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you know those little blue pills???

They're magical, readers!! Can make a man go on for hours and hours....:P

They can work wonders!!

Well, good for him!! :P

But not so good for Cameron Lynde.....

The wall behind the king sized bed shook with enough force to rattle her headboard, and Cameron cursed the hardwood floors that had brought her to such circumstances.

Thirty thousand hotel rooms in the city of Chicago, and Cameron Lynde managed to find one next door to a couple having a sex marathon!!!!

But this wallbanging business turns deadly....

"What happened to the woman next door?"

"She's dead."

And Cameron finds herself in the very uncomfortable, undesirable position of being the sole witness to the murder....as if an assistant U.S. attorney needs more trouble on her plate....*sigh*

No sleep and a murder...this was definitely not her night!

And it takes a turn for worse when he walks in, the FBI agent assigned to this case....

Agent Jack Pallas

Handsome (of course!).

Tall(double of course!!).

And...

Glowering: dark; showing a brooding ill humor!!! :D

He's the same Jack Pallas who still blames Cameron for a botched crackdown 3 years ago - and for nearly ruining his career....And getting him transferred to icy Nebraska.....

And 3 years later here they are....

Thirty thousand hotel rooms in the city of Chicago and she picked the one that would lead her back to him.

They strike each other with razor sharp words...

But at the same time they can't seem to keep their eyes and minds off each other....

[image error]

"...I was standing on the stairs when Jack first showed up at the door, and I saw the way you looked at him, Cam."

Cameron threw her hands up in frustration. "What is this so-called 'look'?" Whatever it was, she was going to have to start taking extreme measures to guard against it.

Amy grinned. "You know the Tom and Jerry cartoon where Tom hasn't eaten for days and he imagines Jerry looking like a ham? Kind of like that."

The killer is on the loose....there's a high profile case to be solved....So, they need to forget the past and focus on the case at hand...

That is, if they can stop themselves from killing each other....

Or pouncing on each other!!!

So, you go and find out what happens.....

While I figure out how to stop grinning because there's just something about this story that has me laughing out loud everytime I think of it....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: This is not a mystery novel because the killer's identity is known to us from the very beginning (or almost from the very beginning....27% in is quite early enough to be called the beginning, right? :P) but it's a light, laugh out loud romantic read which you won't regret spending your time on. :))

ENJOY!! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something About You.

January 19, 2013 – Shelved
Started Reading
January 20, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review Richa!

message 2: by Radha (new)

Radha Nice review hun!

message 3: by Richa (last edited Jan 20, 2013 05:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Richa Lisa wrote: "AWESOME REVIEW!!!! So clever!"

LOL! Thanks a lot, Lisa!! :))

Richa Blacky wrote: "Awesome review Richa!"

Thank you, Blacky!! :))

Richa Radha wrote: "Nice review hun!"

Thanks, Radha!! :))

message 6: by Louise (new)

Louise Amazing review Richa!:)

Richa Louise wrote: "Amazing review Richa!:)"

Thank you, Louise!! :))

message 8: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny Levine Adding this because of your fantastic review! Love it, Richa!!! :)

Richa Jenny wrote: "Adding this because of your fantastic review! Love it, Richa!!! :)"

Thank you so much, Jenny!! :)) Hope you'll like this one!! It's light, cute, funny and very enjoyable!! :))

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review Richa ! I love this book :)

Donna ~ The Romance Cover I have read all her books, and they are fab...in this series I found book 3 the best, they just get better and better!! x

message 12: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Love your reviews Richa!

Debra Another terrific review, Richa!!! And a Matt Bomer pic, yay!! :D I've had this one on my TBR for so long...and after reading your review I think I should give it a try soon! :)

message 14: by Purva (last edited Jan 20, 2013 03:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Purva Fantastic review, Richa! :)

Farhan I do not understand.The killer's identity is revealed very late.How did you guess who the killer was in the very beginning?

Richa Karen wrote: "Great review Richa ! I love this book :)"

Thanks, Karen!! :)) I really enjoyed it!! :))

Richa Donna wrote: "I have read all her books, and they are fab...in this series I found book 3 the best, they just get better and better!! x"

Wow...I have read only 2 of her books so far..this one being second one and I really enjoyed both of them!! Loved 'Practice Makes Perfect' and now I'll definitely try out the 3rd one in this series. Thank you, Donna!! Going to add it now. :)

Richa Shelley wrote: "Love your reviews Richa!"

Thank you so much, Shelley!! :))

Richa Debra wrote: "Another terrific review, Richa!!! And a Matt Bomer pic, yay!! :D I've had this one on my TBR for so long...and after reading your review I think I should give it a try soon! :)"

Matt Bomer *sigh*...he's the ultimate hero in all my fantasies!! :D I can't seem to get him out of my mind! ;)

This was a funny, light read and I really enjoyed it...so if you're looking for something light after the mind boggling series you've read then you can definitely pick this one. :))

And thank you so much, Debra!! :))

Blacky *Romance Addict* Hey, your review is longer! I missed a bit last night :DDD Nice work Richa :D

message 21: by Richa (last edited Jan 20, 2013 05:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Richa Sonia ღ wrote: "Fantastic review, Richa! :)
I LOVE this book and Julie James is one of my favourite contemporary authors! :)"

Thank you so much, Sonia!! :)) I loved it too!! Julie James is great...and soon on her way to becoming one of my favourite CR authors too!!! :D

message 22: by Radha (new)

Radha I too missed the last bit hun!LOL,quick and short review? I love your enthusiasm.Most will call this a full fledged review!;) Good job!

Richa Farhan wrote: "I do not understand.The killer's identity is revealed very late.How did you guess who the killer was in the very beginning?"

Sorry, I should have specified that it's revealed almost in the beginning of the book...I guess around 27% in or so. So, that's like very early, right? I'll add it in my review. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :))

Richa Blacky wrote: "Hey, your review is longer! I missed a bit last night :DDD Nice work Richa :D"

Lol. I finished it today. Was feeling too sleepy and lazy last night! :D Today too to be honest. :D Thanks, Blacky!! :))

Richa Radha wrote: "I too missed the last bit hun!LOL,quick and short review? I love your enthusiasm.Most will call this a full fledged review!;) Good job!"

Lol!! I guess my short is everyone's long and my long is everyone's novel!! :D I do tend to go on and on in my reviews most of the time...so, I tried to cut it down this time. Thanks a lot, Radha!! :)) And for books...I'm always enthusiastic! :D ;)

message 26: by bobo (new) - rated it 4 stars

bobo Great review, Richa!!! I love Julie James!! Her books are beyond hilarious. This one goes to my TBR!!!

message 27: by Gina (new) - added it

Gina Wonderful review Richa, this has been on my TBR shelf forever, must move it up!

message 28: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Richa!

Richa bobo wrote: "Great review, Richa!!! I love Julie James!! Her books are beyond hilarious. This one goes to my TBR!!!"

Yes, she writes wonderful CR books!! Love the 2 I've read so far!! And thanks, L!! :D

Richa Gina wrote: "Wonderful review Richa, this has been on my TBR shelf forever, must move it up!"

Thank you, Gina!! :)) This was a nice, light, funny read!! Hope you'll enjoy it! :))

Richa Baba wrote: "Great review, Richa!"

Thanks, Baba!! :))

Debra Richa wrote: "Debra wrote: "Another terrific review, Richa!!! And a Matt Bomer pic, yay!! :D I've had this one on my TBR for so long...and after reading your review I think I should give it a try soon! :)"

Matt..."

Oh, I totally agree with you on that...he is the ULTIMATE dream guy!!! Can't help but picture him whenever I read about all those dark haired, blue eyed male characters lately :DDD
And I will definitely keep this one in mind, reading too many highly emotional stories right after each other can be quite exhausting...LOL!!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ wonderful review Richa...again, i love all the pics!

message 34: by Oleander (new)

Oleander Your reviews are fun!

Paula Great review, Richa! I loved this one.

Richa ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "wonderful review Richa...again, i love all the pics!"

Thanks a lot, Sharon!! :))

Richa Oleander wrote: "Your reviews are fun!"

Lol! Thank you so much, Oleander!! :))

Richa Paula (Romantic Book Affairs Blogspot) wrote: "Great review, Richa! I loved this one."

Thanks, Paula!! :)) I truly enjoyed it too! :))

message 39: by Katina (new) - added it

Katina Great review! I'm totally adding this one!

Richa Katina wrote: "Great review! I'm totally adding this one!"

Thanks, Katina!! :)) It was a light, fun read..hope you'll enjoy it too!! :)

Richa Mia wrote: "Nice review, Richa. BUT, You forgot an important detail. He reads."

Thanks, Mia!! :)) And you think I forgot that?? No way!! I just thought that it would spoil the wonderful surprise if people came to know about it before reading it...So, I thought it was better not to include it in my review..although I was very much tempted to!! :D

message 42: by Richa (last edited Jan 23, 2013 10:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Richa Mia wrote: "Hahaha. Yes, indeed. It would be better to discover it individually.

i have noticed this. You do not write the story.

BTW, my fav part of the book was when they are stuck in a dark room/closet. *..."

Lol!! True that! :D If something like that happened in reality then I'd probably I don't know...either swoon or start screaming...but then everything sounds infinitely better in books...I guess that's why we love them so much!! :D

Oh and btw, I love your new profile pic!! It's like a puzzle...everytime you post a pic of some part of your face...and I think I've figured out the whole picture by now...and it's very pretty! :))

Richa Mia wrote: "Yes, that is why we love fiction. BTW, I have a lot of practice in swooning and fainting. Not pretty, it is. trust me :)"

Lol! I don't think I've seen anyone faint...I've never swooned in my entire life...but reading about it in the books makes one think "Oh wow...that's so romantic! You faint...and some handsome guy catches you!!" I think that kind of a scenario hardly takes place in real lives. :D Although it wouldn't be that bad if there was someone to catch you, would it?

Richa Mia wrote: "NOPE. I wouldn't have a guy see me swoon or faint. especially, when Twice it was during operations.

Twice at the smell and sight of my own blood. I think I would have had a guy catch me, then. It ..."

:DD Hahaha...Well, yes, it would've been kind of romantic...I mean, have you read Twilight? In there Bella swoons everytime she sees or even "smells" blood! And Edward is there nearly on the both occasions when it happens...I wouldn't mind it at all if I had someone like him with me...forget someone like him...I want him...Edward..*sigh* (Yeah, I wish!) *rolls eyes at herself* :P

Richa Mia wrote: "LOL! No, I have NOT read Twilight. But, I wouldn't mind a gorgeous guy who cared for me and loved me. Heck who wouldn't? LOL! We read too much romance :)"

Yep, that we do! :D But I wouldn't change this behaviour for anything...well, I guess I can make an exception if I find a perfect guy...who'll then give me real life romance and take up most of my time! Lol. Na, not even then....nope. :P

message 46: by Jill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jill Fantastic review, Richa! *whispers* Might I say I enjoyed your review more than the book??** :)

Richa Jill wrote: "Fantastic review, Richa! *whispers* Might I say I enjoyed your review more than the book??** :)"

*whispers back* :) *Thanks a lot, Jill! But let's keep this a secret, shall we?** ;) I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. :)

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads AWESOME review Richa! Definitely want to read this.

message 49: by Maraba (new)

Maraba Lol loved your review