I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > The Love of My (Other) Life

The Love of My (Other) Life by Traci L. Slatton

THE LOVE OF MY (OTHER) LIFE is a classic example of why you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover!

A fair comparison would be picking up a glass and chugging what you think is water only to find that it’s vodka! The cover makes me think “erotic, ” but what you really get is a sweet romance with an interesting storyline – although the lack of steam was surprising, it was enjoyable all the same. I was also please to find there is actually a reason behind such an erotic cover for a book that is more romantic in nature.

When starving artist, Tessa Barnum is initially approached by the crazy homeless man claiming they are married in an alternate universe, she does what any sane person would do: she runs away as fast as her feet can carry her! The scruffy looking Brian Tennyson cannot be so easily deterred as there are many reasons he has traversed hyperspace and defied the laws of nature, so he continues on in a persistent manner until he finally grabs her attention.

I was convinced I knew how THE LOVE OF MY (OTHER) LIFE would end, but surprise, surprise! I was wrong! If you like the idea of another “you” existing in a parallel universe, a little mystery and some romance weaved into a good story, then THE LOVE OF MY (OTHER) LIFE will be a treat to read.

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Love of My (Other) Life.

January 17, 2013 – Shelved
Started Reading
January 20, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-reviewed
January 20, 2013 – Finished Reading
May 4, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-blog-list

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Holly I am reading this one right now Cherra and loving it! Glad to see you did too :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Holly wrote: "I am reading this one right now Cherra and loving it! Glad to see you did too :)"

Didn't you think erotic just by the cover? I really liked it! I hope you do too!

Holly I absolutely did! I am actually glad it isn't, it is a so much more interesting story than I thought it would be!

Trader (RedHotBlueReads) Just finished this.Agree about the cover. Thought it was misleading

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Trader wrote: "Just finished this.Agree about the cover. Thought it was misleading"

It always make me pause when they do stuff like that and think: what on earth were they thinking???