Cassie's Reviews > Handle with Care

Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult

Mar 30, 2009

liked it
Read in March, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I never review on here, but I felt the need to. No one I know is reading this book and I really wanted to talk about the ending, so here it goes.

***MAJOR Spoilers below!***

I love Jodi-- her writing style, impeccable research and use of immensely controversial subjects makes her my favorite author. In fact, until the main story lines resolved right at the end, I felt no differently about this novel as I have about most of her others in the past- brilliant.

Then, it all crashed down for me. First, Marin's search for her birth mother ends completely predictably, making me wish the entire story line just didn't even exist in the first place.

Even worse was the resolution of the general plot. I agree with those reviewers who are calling this book "My Sister's Keeper- The Sequel," as the endings are so completely similar. Even worse than Willow's "unexpected" (I predicted something similar) death by drowning in the pond was Charlotte's forfeiting of the check she had ruined all of their lives to earn as she placed it in Willow's coffin. There are so many things wrong with this that I can't even begin to list them, namely that she didn't use it to give her OTHER daughter a better, more fulfilling life.

I love Jodi, I'm still one of her biggest fans, but I didn't love this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Handle with Care.