Sharon L Norris's Reviews > Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

liked it
bookshelves: non-fiction
Recommended for: Aspiring Dreamers

Considering this book was written decades ago, it stands the test of time. It continually promises to divulge 'the secret' of very successful businessmen in gaining their wealth - decades ago, mind you, when life was less hectic, less organised and society was completely left off the map of the information superhighway(which didn't exist at the time). To an extent it does deliver information that may assist the super-keen aspiring billionaires of today.

I know other people have raved and written endless platitudes about this book. I'm sorry - I can't. I'm an honest reviewer and this is my honest opinion.

The one common denominator across all the stories of success in this book is that 'hard work', or 'hard yakka' as we say here in Australian slang, is at the base of all these mountains these successful business people have climbed. There is no 'quick fix', 'easy solution' or 'lazy days' in their climb to success.

Interesting reading if you have the time to wait for information to be teased out of the storytellers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think and Grow Rich.

December 5, 2012 – Started Reading
December 19, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 17, 2013 – Shelved
September 1, 2013 – Shelved as: non-fiction

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Sharon L  Norris Hard yakka also applies to writing. You can't expect success overnight, and 'overnight success' only happens for a mere few writers out there in the enormous goldfish bowl that is the writing community.