Jael's Reviews > Requiem for the Devil

Requiem for the Devil by Jeri Smith-Ready

Mar 29, 2009

bookshelves: favorites, own

Most people who know me would be surprised in my reading of this book and even liking it. If I'm reading a cover jacket or back of the book and said book is about angels or anything to do with Judeo-Christianity; then, I will put it back and avoid it like the Plague (however I had made an exception with Hush, Hush. But it was an ARC and let us not speak of it again).

I had come across Jeri Smith-Ready through her WVMP Radio series which I adore and thought I'd give her other work a try. I didn't really like Eyes of Crow, but I really enjoyed this book.

The book has snarkiness which I love and it does have almost a dark sense of humor to it at times which I do have. It doesn't have the ordinary take on Judeo-Christianity that I remember as a child (my dad used to love watch Touched By An Angel and other shows along that calibre). In fact, there wasn't a lot of overtures on it in the book, I thought.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem for the Devil.

Quotes Jael Liked

Jeri Smith-Ready
“Sorry," she said. "I have a psychological disorder that prevents me from keeping thoughts inside my head where they belong. ”
Jeri Smith-Ready, Requiem for the Devil
tags: humor

Jeri Smith-Ready
“I love eating chicken with my bare hands. It makes me want to snarl at people, even more than usual.”
Jeri Smith-Ready, Requiem for the Devil