Amit Shetty's Reviews > Inferno

Inferno by Dan Brown

For an author known to pen stories so complex and original that it would make the mess in my cupboard look neater than the display shelf of a Raymond showroom, the book is surprisingly simple and COPIED.

When I first heard about this book and pre ordered it months ago in February, little did I expect it to be so Vanilla. Not that the story itself is uninteresting, it’s good and there are a lot of twists and turns towards the end, but I never buy a Dan Brown novel for just that. I can easily pick that book up from anywhere. What I wanted was originality and a book that would challenge my beliefs and make this one thought constantly run through my mind ”Everything I know is a lie.”. It is with no pleasure that I have to say

In my brief title above, I mentioned that this novel was actually copied. Any of you who have read Clive Cussler’s Plague Ship will agree with me. Same concept, same kind of weapon with the author’s perspective being the only difference. One can only begin to wonder, why in God’s name did Mr. Brown spend the last 4 years working on this piece of literature? Many of you might disagree with me, but after reading The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol, you kind of expect the author to write a book that’ll blow your mind as well as any other organ away.

Despite rambling about what’s wrong about this book, my love for Brown’s work hasn’t dwindled in the least and for good reason. First of all, I didn’t pick the book up just for the sake of Dante or Dan Brown's fame but for another character called Robert Langdon and his trusty Mickey Mouse watch. One of the unique characters in the book world, he quickly rose as one of the few who I have become a huge fan of. Italy’s architectural beauty combined with detailed descriptions by Langdon on each page was a joy to experience. I am eagerly waiting for the release of the illustrated edition to see all that Langdon saw.

Overall, I just hope that his next work (hopefully not 4 years in the making) will turn out to be his best yet.
For the Indian reader, you can purchase this book from Flipkart at a price of Rs.500 ($8.93).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inferno.

January 16, 2013 – Shelved as: worth-waiting-for-or-die-trying
page 240
May 28, 2013 – Finished Reading
November 8, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013-nominations-by-goodreads

Anoop Pai B Reviews???

Amit Shetty Dude, i'm reading it slowly so it may take some time. But will definitely post a detailed review once I'm done.

Anoop Pai B I m reading it as well.. :)