Heather Gunter's Reviews > Silenced

Silenced by RaeBeth McGee-Buda

Jan 15, 2013

liked it

Silenced is about a girl named Amber who has just found out that the father she always assumed was her father is in fact not. In order to cope with this she cuts herself. Her family up and moves her away to another town. There she meets Casey who befriends her. Amber also decides to go on a search for her biological father.

Casey went too hot n' cold for me. I know there were reasons for it but I just could not at all connect with her, period. Amber's mother drove me absolutely batty. I understand being over protective to a point but it was almost verging on crazy. I never felt a connection between Landon and Amber. They were intimate way too fast and the relationship was very rushed.

I liked the story and it was a quick and fast read. The only character I felt a connection to was with was Amber. On a complete positive note: RaeBeth did a FANTASTIC job of describing the need that Amber felt to cut herself. The darkness that would over take her and how she felt after. I'm not going to lie it was a little uncomfortable for me to read. However, having said that, it really does give great insight into the world of cutting. Because even if it's not spoken about, it does happen and more than we like to admit, as well as why girls cut themselves and some understanding behind it.

There were some twists and turns along the way. Some I saw coming and some I did not.

There will be a book 2 and I will read it. I need to see what happens and how and if things get resolved.

This is a hard subject matter to hear about but I give some major kudos to RaeBeth McGee-Buda for writing about it and helping us to understand it better...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silenced.