Jacqueline's Reads's Reviews > Backstage Pass

4197769

bookshelves: 4-star-books
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Christy

4 rockin’ Steamy Stars

I started Backstage pass three times. I think each time I read it, I was just not in the right frame of mind, meaning, I wasn’t in the mood to read a super steamy read. HOWEVER this time I am and well, there was plenty of steam and then some.

Brian is the lead guitarist for a rock band. Myrna is a college human sexuality professor. Both run into each other and even though Myrna is older and more conservative, she’s curious to what adventuress Brian can do for her.

There’s a lot of sex in this book. The high ratings are for those who appreciated it and it worked for them. The lower ratings are probably because there was too much sex. I personally stand in the middle.

I liked the steam. I was in the mood for a steamy kinky read and Backstage Pass gave me enough to tickle my fancy and keep me interested. I also liked the side characters, Brian’s band members and how they interacted with each other and Myrna.

However, I couldn’t connect with Myrna and Brian. I don’t know if it’s because she’s older and that’s kind of not my thing or I couldn’t see what they saw in each other. I understood why Myrna was a little standoffish and I liked it was the Heroine pushing back, than the sluty rock star.

Backstage Pass was a quick easy read that gave me plenty of steam to keep me going on. I am looking forward to moving on with the series and getting to know the other band members. I hope with each book I pick up, some of the kink is picked up a notch and I have a feeling it will.

and there's plenty of this...

You get the picture right?

Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia CunningAMAZON

For more reviews, please visit Jacqueline's Reads

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Backstage Pass.

January 15, 2013 – Shelved
September 13, 2013 –
22.0% "Oh, you know it's steamy when there's a circle jerk\n \n "
September 13, 2013 –
48.0% "I'm not a picky eater. I'm Asian people so I will try anything but the one thing I can't stand even the smell makes me want to vomit is ketchup. Sigh. Why do they use the one thing I can't stand in a kinky sex scene?"
Started Reading
September 14, 2013 –
100.0% "All done! I was actually thinking it would be kinkier... lol. I liked the little part in the end. It was an overall enjoyable read, but I didn't connect with the characters. BUT it makes me want to move on to book 2. Full review to follow!"
September 14, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Mette Why not?! :(

Jacqueline's Reads Mette wrote: "Why not?! :("

I know, I saw that you finished. I don't know, too much steam? I know right? How can any read be too much steam? I hear each book gets better and better, so I may pick this back up sometime.

Christy YES! Love it xoxo

Wendy'sThoughts This was found when I looked at the lists and it was on Dirty Talk hahahahhahahahhaha......love that type of chatter...so with your gifs...Yes.....the book worked for me. Besides Irene my goodreads guide, tee hee likes it. Grin

Jacqueline's Reads Lol. Awesome. I want to get a good chunk read today.

Christy Amazing review! Love it!!! :D

Jacqueline's Reads Thanks Chris!

message 9: by NiaKantorka (new)

NiaKantorka Ok it was not perfect for you but you'll read on. Great:D.
Hope you have more fun with Sed, Jace, Eric and Trey. (chronological the books should be read like this: #2, #4, #5 and #3). I have no idea why the author changed this order?

Jacqueline's Reads lol, I don't know. I will pick up book 2 after I finish Rule. I have a feeling I will like the later books more :D

message 11: by Catarina (new)

Catarina Great review, hon :D

Jacqueline's Reads Catarina wrote: "Great review, hon :D"

Thanks Catarina!