Katy's Reviews > Three Graves Full

Jan 14, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: ebook, galley-for-review, net-galley
Recommended to Katy by: NetGalley
Recommended for: fans of thrillers

Book Info: Genre: Thriller
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: fans of twisty thrillers
Trigger Warnings: murder

My Thoughts: This book is described as “darkly funny” and compared to a Coen brothers film, but I really didn't laugh very much. There is a lot of irony and strangeness, but I didn't really find most of it very funny, although I did like this comment: “Jason felt a brief statistical curiosity over how many people died annually because they couldn't move when they should.

That said, it wasn't a bad book. The twists and turns kept on going, and if you like dogs you will adore Tessa. My favorite character was Ford Watts; I would love to read a book that was all about Ford. But he's a fairly minor character in this book. That seems to be usually the way it goes for me.

Nothing wrong with the book, but I didn't really find it anything particularly special either. I think a lot of folks will like it well enough, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers.

Disclosure: I received an e-galley from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: "There is very little peace for a man with a body buried in his backyard.”

But it could always be worse. . . .

More than a year ago, mild-mannered Jason Getty killed a man he wished he’d never met. Then he planted the problem a little too close to home. But just as he’s learning to live with the undeniable reality of what he’s done, police unearth two bodies on his property—neither of which is the one Jason buried.

Jason races to stay ahead of the consequences of his crime and while chaos reigns on his lawn, his sanity unravels, snagged on the agendas of a colorful cast of strangers. A jilted woman searches for her lost fiancé, a fringe-dweller runs from a past that’s quickly gaining on him, and a couple of earnest local detectives piece it together with the help of a volunteer police dog—all of them in the wake and shadow of a dead man who had it coming. As the action unfolds, each discovers that knowing more than one side of the story doesn't necessarily rule out a deadly margin of error.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Graves Full.

January 14, 2013 – Shelved
January 14, 2013 – Shelved as: ebook
January 14, 2013 – Shelved as: galley-for-review
January 14, 2013 – Shelved as: net-galley
September 27, 2013 – Started Reading
September 27, 2013 –
36.0% "This is pretty crazy so far..."
September 28, 2013 –