Lena Loneson's Reviews > Smolder

Smolder by Lisa Carlisle

10819308

Smoldering Nights is a very fun, hot read. It had me hooked from the opening setting: a club called Vamps, with drinks on the menu that had names like Dorian Gray. Definitely fit with my sense of humour.

This book hits the ground running. The lust and action start off immediately, with our heroine Nike (named after the Greek goddess, not the shoe) at the club spotting French hottie Michel from her rock-climbing gym. (As a climber myself this detail thrilled me.) They get hot and heavy in a private room, until some creeps attack...and the supernatural element takes over.

What I really loved about Smoldering Nights were the heroines: Nike and her friend Maya were some seriously badass women, fire fighters who jump in to help when an explosion rocks the club (caused by Michel's Nightwalker enemies). Nike doesn't shrink from the paranormal or from love, demanding answering from Michel as they're on the run. Because of her strength, I fully believed their passion and her determination to help Michel overcome his past. Great characters and a great story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smolder.

Finished Reading