Christina's Reviews > The Family You've Always Wanted: Five Ways You Can Make It Happen

The Family You've Always Wanted by Gary Chapman

bookshelves: 2013-book-list

Dr. Chapman offers practical advice for strengthening relationships and maintaining intimacy within the family. In today's world, we've lost touch with what a healthy, connected family truly is. Dr. Chapman stresses the importance of such things as making good communication between family members a priority, nurturing and loving each other unconditionally, and family dinners (less about food, more about quality time spent together). If you are a parent, if you are a spouse, you'll find helpful ideas that apply to you and your current state of "family". Dr. Chapman includes a more personal look into the early days of his own family, which I enjoyed reading. I've highlighted many sections to re-read and also look forward to completing the assessment portion at the end of the book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Family You've Always Wanted.

January 14, 2013 – Started Reading
January 23, 2013 –
page 111
January 24, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013-book-list
January 24, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Lou (new)

Lou Anne How is this?

Christina I'm enjoying it so far! Dr. Chapman is an associate pastor at our church and I think he's incredible!

message 3: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Smith He's at your church? How cool! I have read The Five Love Languages, and just bought the one that focuses on kids and teens!

Christina He is! Calvary Baptist in Winston-Salem. I love hearing him speak and have just recently started reading his books.

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Smith You are only about two hours from me!