Kellie Maddox-Ward's Reviews > Red Zone

Red Zone by Sherri Hayes

bookshelves: netgalley, hot-sports-men

THE STORY

Gage Daniels is a star Quarterback.
He leads a great life.
He’s great at what he does
The ladies love him.
Unfortunately, someone loves him too much.
He has a stalker.
It started out harmless…
It is now turned serious…

Rebecca Carson is an FBI agent on administrative leave, after her last case went bad.
She loves being an Agent.
It’s what she is good at with the great ability to turn off her emotions to get the job done.
The only person she loves is her sister Megan. She has seen love rip her sister apart time and time again. Just like it did her parents.
She likes being alone.

When retired FBI Agent Hansen gets a call from the owner of the professional football team in Nashville (for the life of me I can’t remember what it’s called or find it!) about Gabe’s stalker.
He thinks that his ex-partner Rebecca would be perfect for the role.

She can act like his bodyguard while pretending to be his girlfriend. She’s ridiculously stubborn so will be a perfect fit for Gabe.

Gabe is not happy about this.
He doesn’t need a bodyguard.
Sure she’s hot under that stuffy suit, and he can see himself sleeping with her.
He doesn’t have girlfriends.
He doesn’t have women come to his house.
He definitely doesn’t have women live with him.
He especially doesn’t have stuck up prudish women. She is not his type at all.

As payback he thinks it will be fun to play with her.

First thing is to call his stylist and have her look like his girlfriend would.
No more stuffy suits.
Then to try and be out in public with her, as much as possible. If he’s in public he can kiss and touch her and she isn’t able to cause him bodily harm like she does when he touches her in private.

She is starting to get under his skin.
He wants her, but she keeps shutting him down.
Every time he breaks a small part of her wall down, something happens and it goes back up.

He realises he wants her… more than he has ever wanted everything. He is not used to being told No.
He totally accept the challenge.

Rebecca finds Gabe very attractive but she is a professional and he is just a job.
His cocky attitude, to die for smile and subtle and not so subtle flirting are starting to get to her. Especially after Thanksgiving with his family.

How much longer can he stay just a job? She is supposed to protect him. Not sleep with him.

There is someone trying to hurt him after all. What if the person who gets hurt is her?

MY HONEST OPINION

Great!

This is the second book. The first was Elizabeth and Chris. Behind Closed Doors.
I haven’t read the first, didn’t know that there was one when I sent the request to NetGalley. Yep you caught me. I saw the hot footballer on the front and just went YEP I want that one!
So we do see Chris and Elizabeth again at thanksgiving and catch up on their life since we saw them last. We also meet the rest of the family.

Although a second book, basically a stand alone. I didn’t have any trouble with it.

The steam in this book was HAWWTT. Gage was HAAWWTT. Rebecca in true heroine style annoyed me, until the author convinced me to like her.

The drama and suspense were good. I did figure out who the stalker was early in the book though just was unsure why. All in revealed at the end of the book.

The secondary characters were a good addition. Especially Megan, Rebecca’s sister. Now that she has gone to live with Gage’s brother as a Nanny, I assume she/they are in another book?

His brothers had a good relationship with each other and of course doted on their “Ma” so they won my heart!

All in all it was a good little romance. Some reference to football, romance, steamy sex, stalkers, suspense, drama, comedic relief.

I think I will read the others, or definitely try something else from this Author.

ARC provided by NetGalley and Smith Publicity in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Zone.

January 14, 2013 – Started Reading
January 14, 2013 – Shelved
January 14, 2013 – Shelved as: netgalley
January 15, 2013 – Finished Reading
February 12, 2013 – Shelved as: hot-sports-men

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Kellie :)

message 2: by Dd (new)

Dd Wonderful review!!:))

Kellie Maddox-Ward Thanks Lisa!

Karla Well done Kellie!