David Mathison's Reviews > Be the Media

Mar 26, 2009

(Review from the author)

Getting Down to Business Books
By Al Caruba, Bookviews

"Since I have made my living in public relations after abandoning fulltime journalism decades ago, I will begin with a recommendation of Be the Media: How to Create and Accelerate Your Message…Your Way ($34.05) by David Mathison with more than fifty contributors. Why does it have a hefty price? Because it is 536 pages of some of the smartest, best advice that authors, filmmakers, musicians, cartoonists, bloggers, and other creative types will find, but they are not alone. Policy makers, community organizers, educators and, just about anyone with a horn to blow will discover the power of podcasting, how to create and self-syndicate a radio show, how to promote your video using the Internet There’s a whole section on how to use the Internet for E-commerce, advice on how to license your ideas, and on and on and on! Crammed into this book is the kind of know-how it would otherwise take you a very long time to learn. Excited? Its official release is March 2009. You can buy the book exclusively at www.BeTheMedia.com."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be the Media.