Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)'s Reviews > The Lost Husband

The Lost Husband by Katherine Center

2080218

Yes, it is very true. I LOVE this book. It’s like Ms. Center wrote this book for me with me in mind. It is just one of the most surprising books I have read all year. After I read the first page I was a bit apprehensive on where this story would go. By page three I had a very hard time putting it down! I just fell in love with these characters and how the story was told.

Three years ago Libby lost her husband and almost lost her daughter in a car accident. With no money she and her two children had to move in with her mother. Unfortunately her relationship with her mother is difficult. After an argument with her mother Libby receives a letter from her aunt offering her and her two children a place to live and a job on her goat farm as well. So while her mother is out of town Libby packs up the kids and drives to the Texas Hill Country and to Aunt Jean’s farm.

Aunt Jean is not exactly what Libby thought she would be and life on the farm is very different from the life she left behind. Soon Libby learns more about the rift that has kept her Aunt and her Mother apart all these years. She also finds herself interested not in talking with her dead husband but instead wanting to develop a relationship with O’Conner the farm manager.

There really isn’t a part of this book I don’t love. This is not a depressing journey instead this is one that shows life can go on even after a heartbreaking tragedy. I love the complex relationship between Libby and her mother and I can relate to Libby’s relationship with her children.

This is an enjoyable and touching story that I just devoured in one day. I know I will be eagerly awaiting more books from this very talented author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Husband.

January 13, 2013 – Shelved