Naga's Reviews > 2012 Nights

2012 Nights by Vipul Rikhi

Well written! I love the hero and his cat. This book is pretty dense as you keep reading you keep finding out new things - and the final bits are almost like 3 different books.

Its been a long time since i read a book that shook me out of a placid, nearly predictable 'let me switch off and coast through this one' comfortable, stay in bed on a lazy afternoon feeling.

That's not say that it is telling me anything radically new - I knew everything - but was just somehow too lazy and comfortable to put it all together in my head. In the middle of all the doom and gloom, the stories themselves are actually funny - caustic and spot on - in a dark, wicked sense, and this is something I really enjoyed.
Because the narrator is this drunken self-indulgent, loser guy, he can really let go and get under the skin of everything, without trying to justify anything or anyone, sparing no-one and I envy that. In real life there are too many excuses I make for what I do and people and things I deal with. So there is something cathartic in reading some one else do it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2012 Nights.

Finished Reading