Ami's Reviews > Shadow of the Giant

Shadow of the Giant by Orson Scott Card

Mar 25, 2009

liked it
Read in April, 2009

I was very torn on how to rate this book. The plot itself deserved a 3 or a 4. It was well thought out, but I felt too much was going on. It was hard to keep so many stories strait in just one book.
The reason I decided on a 3, was the ending. I'm the type of person who likes every story to end with everyone living happily ever after. That's not Orson Scott Card's style. I ended thinking "Well this was good but... why did that have to happen?!" As a woman and a mother, I was extremely disappointed with how things ended.
I could also comment on the loose ends in the story, ends that have to be resolved, but Card recently announced he is working on a final book to tie the Ender's Game and the Ender's Shadow series together. Since the upcoming book is titled "Shadows in Fight," I'm assuming it will answer the questions left unanswered in "Shadow of the Giant."
If I were to reread this saga, I'd begin with "Ender's Game," read the entire "Ender's Shadow" series, and then read the last three books in the "Ender's Game" series. This is the chronological order and how I will recommend these books be read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of the Giant.