Heather's Reviews > The Sea of Tranquility

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

Jan 11, 2013

Nastya has moved in with her aunt who lives two hours away from her hometown to try and start over. But will she have the courage to face her deepest fears? Josh has lived in the same town his whole live and everyone knows his story. Will he be be able to connect with anyone ever again? When Nastya and Josh cross paths they find something in each other that brings them close without even saying a word.

I thought this book was pretty amazing. Katja Millay has a winner! At first you just wish you could shake Nastya just to make her talk, but then you get to know her more and you just want to save the little girl she was. Josh is the quit guy who is good with his hands, who wouldn’t be attracted to that, but he is so much more than just an average teenage guy. Both of these characters have had an intense life up to this point and they both still have a long way to go. I thought these two made great friends and they found each other when they needed the other most, and they didn’t even know it. Through there own kind of therapy things start to look up, until someones feelings get hurt. I enjoyed the journey that Katja brought me on, there was so many emotions and the ending. Oh my God the ending. I’ll stop before I tell you what it is because well you have to read the book to find out.

Books aren’t meant for everyone to like and this is definitely a YA book so if you don’t like reading about high schoolers, I still think you might like the story behind it anyways because it is not your typical high school romance drama.

I received this book from the publisher through netgalley for my honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sea of Tranquility.

January 11, 2013 – Shelved