Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > Angel Bait

Angel Bait by Tricia Skinner

I was very surprised at how much I ended up liking this book. It has the fun paranormal elements that I like, with a great story. I was not even aware of what age group this is for, but think now after reading it, its for sure got to be adults. It does have some very explicit sex scenes, but at least it does not take over the story like sometimes will happen in books. Something I do not like.

Anyway, overall its written very well. I really got to care for the characters, especially Jarrid and his group of angle assassins, but I liked Ionie a lot too. I also really felt her pain at one point (won’t say what) but it was written so well it made me want to cry.

I don’t want o spoil anything, you can learn the summary of it from the blurb, I never feel I should repeat the blurb. Anyway, there are some twists in this book I didn’t see coming, and actually liked a lot.
We have all sorts of supernatural creatures in this book, we have the werewolves, vampires, half-angel assassins’, fallen angels that are evil, the divine angels, elves and some others I had not heard of, but also some Fae and more. It made the story really interesting.

There is some major steam in this book too, but is tastefully done. I didn’t mind it too much, not as much as I usually do when surprised with it in a book, not knowing it’s a very adult book, lol. But like I said, I still loved it.

This whole idea was a lot different than lots of books I have read, and I only read books that are paranormal, except some dystopia kinds. So for it to be a new idea for me, is saying a lot. I can say, I have never read a book about Angel assassins before (well, half angel anyway)

Here is a part I found funny, when Ionie first meets Jarrid, and is taken by surprise by his hotness, and her co-workers too, lol:

She leaned back and studied him, taking in the casual way his thigh rested against a chair. Her throat closed, smothering her clever retort. Jarrid angled his chiseled face to study items on her desk, and Ionie caught the awed stares of her passing colleagues.
One woman tripped over her own feet.
Another face-planted into a wall.
Jesus Christ.
The half-angel was so handsome it hurt. Jarrid didn’t seem to notice the attention directed at him. Or maybe he didn’t care.

I won’t say much more. You need to just go read it, lol. Hot half-angel, with many hot team members, yeah, a great fun read. Several swoon worthy scenes too, and tons of action.
5 out of 5 stars. If it’s a series for sure, I will read the next book for sure.

I received a copy of this book for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Bait.

January 11, 2013 – Shelved
January 11, 2013 – Shelved as: book-tour
January 11, 2013 – Shelved as: feb-tours-2013
January 15, 2013 – Shelved as: owned-e-books
February 4, 2013 – Started Reading
February 6, 2013 –
65.0% "pretty good book so far. not a YA book for sure."
February 6, 2013 –
100.0% "great book. review coming soon. didn't end like a series. wonder if it is. just glad there is not a cliffhanger."
February 6, 2013 – Finished Reading
July 14, 2013 – Shelved as: fantasy
July 14, 2013 – Shelved as: pnr
July 14, 2013 – Shelved as: paranormal
July 18, 2013 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Tricia Skinner Thank you for reviewing my book.