Beatrice Masaluñga's Reviews > Poison Princess

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

Jan 11, 2013

bookshelves: owned, young-adult

It's difficult for me to read this fantasy/ post-apocalyptic book since most books that I've read this year are contemporary romance novels.

The Poison Princess is an interesting book and I enjoyed its twist. There is gore, violence and action plus I like how the characters are inspired from Arcana Cards(Tarot deck). The writing style is decent, but I have mixed feelings towards the characters.

Evie Greene, I find her annoying and whiny despite having an awesome super power. I don't get her sometimes. I'm giving her a benefit of a doubt since this is all new to her. But, I'm amused with Jackson Deveaux , he's one hot, funny, flirtatious Cajun . Sorry, I'm just into bad boys. There are times I hate him for being a jerk but he's more tolerable than Evie.

Overall, it's a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison Princess.

January 11, 2013 – Shelved
October 16, 2014 – Started Reading
October 16, 2014 – Shelved as: owned
October 16, 2014 –
page 165
October 18, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 18, 2014 –
page 200
54.2% "I'm getting bored :\"
October 23, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
December 3, 2014 –
page 64
17.34% "Going back on some chapters."
December 4, 2014 –
page 124
33.6% "Hmm...interesting :)"
December 4, 2014 –
page 170
46.07% "i'm not familiar with the Tarot Cards. Only Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. hahaha. I'm a bit confused with some characters."
December 5, 2014 –
page 200
54.2% "This is gore and weird!"
December 6, 2014 – Finished Reading
July 11, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult

Sophia Sardothien I did not enjoy the first one as its hard to get into but I really like the second one :D

Beatrice Masaluñga aww. I must admit that I had difficulties on this. Looking forward on the second one though.

Sophia Sardothien Hope you like the second one as much as I did :D

aria [dear darling reader] Looks amazing. Just not my type of cover. :D

Beatrice Masaluñga Love the cover, but the story is quite hard to get into.