Dash Garabetovitch Kassakhov's Reviews > The Camel Club

The Camel Club by David Baldacci

Aug 23, 2007

did not like it
Recommended for: morons and idiots
Read in January, 2006

I feel cheated that I even had to assign a single star to this pathetic excuse for a book.

Let me describe this book like this... this is the kind of book that comes in only two forms - paperback and audio. It's excrement smeared on paper and then bound and placed in airport bookstore shelves.

It's your basic Tom Clancy bite off of the terrorist plot to bring down the free world. The author has watched a couple of National Geographic Videos, maybe had lunch with about three or four guys who used to work for the State Department, NSA or CIA and spent a year or two in the Middle East and maybe read a Barnes & Noble edition of the abbreviated history of the Middle East as research for his big political thriller.

The book is utter crap and is an insult to anyone who likes political thrillers, knows anything about the Middle East and the politics of the region and anybody who just likes to read.

Lesson Learned: Never buy a paperback book from an airport bookstore no matter how bored you are or how long your flight's been delayed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Camel Club.

09/04/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Okay....but did you like it?

Lynn lol..

Scotty Elitist much? I don't read Baldacci or Tom Clancy because I'm looking for smart...

Mark A brilliant review that makes sure that the reader knows how cultivated the writer of the review is and how well he is informed. Too bad he does not share it.

Rach what a complete idiot. if its that awful why read it & why post reviews?? go and be vile somewhere else you hideous creature

message 7: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Miller Since when did smart become a bad thing or elitist become interchangeable with smart for that matter? I don't agree with some of the review, but what ridiculous comments (some of them, not all).

message 8: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Miller Granted, the review's a bit goofy, but I wasnt a fan of the book either.

Paul This isn't a review, but simply a bunch of adolescent negative value judgements. You would have given us as much information with the statement, "I hated this book."

message 10: by Steven (new)

Steven Trewin Should be a thumbs down button available for reviews like this. "Excrement smeared on paper" - unnecessary childish comment.

Geoff Lowry Right... It's not a great book, but if I thought it was excrement on paper I would not finish it and certainly not spend as much time as this dude did on the review. Some people have more time than others.

message 12: by Mona (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mona I thought the characters where fun. I enjoyed it. I won't finish a book if the first couple chapters don't grab me. For Dash to finish a book that he dislikes so much!? Funny, I don't understand it.

Bhupendra Do not agree with the review at all.

I read this review just before I started reading the novel. Felt like I wasted my money. But I found the novel really interesting. The characters are nicely put and fun as mentioned by Mona. The story is nicely paced. Never felt a drag. The ending is also good. The avg four star is justified.

message 14: by Jamal (new) - added it

Jamal Dawson My first book of this kind so its not that bad would like to make a film on it my way, the way i visualized it while reading.....

Richard Schinner This review is keyboard excrement. Critical reviews don't have to be nasty. I agree, why finish a bad novel. I know where you can place that 5" x 7"x 2" block of bound paper.