Martin Belcher's Reviews > A Street Cat Named Bob

A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen

bookshelves: read-in-2013

James Bowen was a homeless man living on the streets of London, addicted to drugs and in a bad way, eventually after spending time in homeless hostels he was given his own flat in sheltered accommodation block in North London. One day in 2007 a chance meeting with a ginger Tom cat that James decided to call "Bob" would change and turnaround his life. This is a charming, lovely, heart-warming true story of young man busking in central London along with his new companion the street cat Bob. They share a past filled with problems but together they rebuild each others lives through adventures and some scrapes.
I can't recommend this book more highly, it made me smile and brought a tear to my eye and has forever changed my view of homeless people. Wonderful, please give it a try!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Street Cat Named Bob.

January 10, 2013 – Started Reading
January 14, 2013 –
page 211
January 15, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in-2013
January 15, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Hanan (new) - added it

Hanan Alhajjar Hi, i really like your comment, i want to tell about this story in my facebook page as i always try to defend cats and show how precious they are. So can i borrow your comment?