Mspink's Reviews > Going Under

Going Under by Lauren Dane

To those reviewers who seemed to wonder why it was a bit confusing because this is the first book they read in the series.... read them in order if you don't want to be confused! These books rock! I've followed all of Lauren Dane's series and the continuity and detail is near perfect!

I just have to say.... Molly Ryan is a badass, rockin, awesome heroine. She was my total hero in this book! She was strong and confident and fearless and an amazing addition to the Owen clan. I just could not stop cheering for her. She was such a great character. I felt empowered every time she got in front of someone and tore them apart with her clever rhetoric. Props to the author for crazy good dialogue and detail. Along with all her strength was a woman who was soft hearted and vulnerable around the edges. She held it together when she needed to and had to learn to let it go when she needed to let someone else step in and take care of her too. Gage was a perfect match for her. She could stand up to him and hold her own with him. I absolutely loved their chemistry and of course their sexy love scenes. I haven't read a story with a couple so well matched in a long time. She could easily put him in his place, even when she was hurting but also be open and receptive to him as well. She wasn't one of those irritating stubborn females that dig their heels in to the bittersweet last two pages of the book. LD's characters connect early on and work their way through their bumps in the road all along the way. Its a much more enjoyable ride.

Always great to connect with the rest of the characters from past stories and can't wait for future books as well. One of my favorite lines, "...But your right and I'm sorry for being such a jerky dookie head."... Priceless stuff. So many laugh out loud paragraphs I had to highlight them in my Kindle. Dont miss this whole series, just start with book 1!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Under.

January 9, 2013 – Shelved