Caitlin L's Reviews > This Isn't What It Looks Like

This Isn't What It Looks Like by Pseudonymous Bosch

I recently finished, "This Isn't What It Looks Like" by: Pseudonymous Bosch, the 4th book in the secret series. This book is told from two points of view, the survivalist girl, Cass and her trustworthy partner, Mas-Ernest. Cass ate a piece of Time Travel Chocolate and now she's been taken back to the medieval times of the Jester, her only known ancestor. Cass must find The Secret, it's her mission! Meanwhile, Max-Ernest is trying to get Cass out of her coma, before it's too late.
This book is full of suspense, mystery, and a slight touch of humor. The characters aren't described very well because the author is trying to keep the characters identities a secret. I can kind of relate to Max-Ernest because he thought he knew how to bring Cass back but the remedy didn't work! I feel that way a lot, so close yet so far to getting to the right answer. Sometimes when I can't figure something out, it makes me want to rip my hair out! Bosch did a great job writing the plot, although sometimes it gets off track. He will often stop the story to tell us to tell the reader to stop reading now, or to tell us what he's doing. Overall, this book was amazingly written!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Isn't What It Looks Like.

Finished Reading