David Pennington's Reviews > Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think

Abundance by Peter H. Diamandis

Jan 09, 2013

Evening news got you down? Feeling like things keep getting worse? Here's the antidote. In Abundance, Diamandis and Kotler provide plenty of evidence to support the book's subtitle: the future is better than you think.

As somewhat of a pessimist by nature, but an optimist in aspiration, this book is so much more than a book to me. It's hope; it's inspiration; it's an awakening. It's a real, evidence-based examination of human history, education, evolution, and much more--all pointing to an undeniable truth: while we still have some massive challenges ahead, the quality of human life (defined first by basic needs such as food and water, and on up the spectrum to freedom) is better now than ever before, and will continue to improve.

But not without effort. It's also a call to mobilize; a reminder that small groups and individuals--not governments or corporations--have historically changed the world for the better.

We are, and have been, on a trajectory toward abundance, and the exponential nature of the technologies we are creating are getting us there faster and faster. Do not fear the future, for it is likely to be quite wonderful.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abundance.