Joanne D'Arcy's Reviews > The Christmas Castle in Scotland

The Christmas Castle in Scotland by Julie Caplin

I am going to start this review, by quoting myself “If you want romance, food and travel then any of this series of books will tick all those boxes. I can’t wait to go travelling again.” And so I have travelled not very far this time, to Scotland. Ironically a place I have never been. One day that will be rectified, but in the meantime.

I go vicariously to a Castle and get to spend Christmas there. Izzy has inherited a castle from her Uncle and has ideas of transforming it into a place for people to come for the best boutique bed and breakfast experience with some glorious food thrown in for good measure. In the run up to Christmas it seems to be a lot to take on.

Especially when you get there and find that Xanthe has already rented a room out to Ross, a moody history professor moonlighting as a thriller writer. As well as start to decorate the rooms in her own eccentric bohemian style. Oh and booked the castle out for Christmas to bring in some much needed funds. There is not much Izzy can do and smile sweetly at Xanthe, as she is her mother after all.

As time marches on and a storm whips up some problems for the castle roof. Izzy collects some waifs and strays camping in the forest who prove valuable in the odd jobs they can do whilst being provided with bed and board. As Christmas gets nearer, Izzy keeps cooking to make sure everyone is fed. As the castle seems to be collecting more people, when Ross parents turn up, Izzy’s friends all before the paying guests arrive. But then it snows…….

Will all their hard work pay off? Will the guests arrive? Will their be enough food if they are snowed in? Will it be a Christmas for them all to remember?

This book is full of laugh out loud moments and delicious sounding food to make your mouth water. A few dollops of romance makes it a warm and cosy read and perfect for Christmas escapism.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Castle in Scotland.

September 25, 2022 – Started Reading
September 25, 2022 – Shelved
September 30, 2022 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Maryann (new) - added it

Maryann Mc Putting this on my list.