Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri 's Reviews > Beauty from Pain

Beauty from Pain by Georgia Cates

bookshelves: romance-with-a-side-of-smut, favorites

"Baby, you've fucked my mind without touching my body."

I am on a book high after reading Georgia Cates Beauty From Pain. High...yes this book was some of the finest Kindle Crack I have ever devoured. There are only a few books that make it too my all time favorite’s shelf...and this is one of them.

Laurelyn aka Paige is an attractive twenty-two year old aspiring country music artist, avid pole dance exercise enthusiast and happy-go-lucky sort of person (she somewhat reminded me of Mary from the movie Something About Mary.) Laurelyn and her best friend Addison take a much needed vacation all the way around the world in Australia. On her first night out on the town she meets Jack aka Lachlan.... who stalks her like a hunter selecting its prey. Jack is a super attractive, Aussie vineyard owner who wants nothing more than to add Laurelyn to his no strings attached anonymous piece of ass list. Laurelyn is super attracted to Jack and has no idea he is Australia's most sought after eligible bachelor. Jack lays his cards on the table by offering Laurelyn a relationship "agreement" with promises of the slamming sex and fun while she is on holiday with the expectation of nothing more. Laurelyn dives into this relationship understanding that she will cease to exist in Jack’s life when her three month trip is over and they part ways. She doesn’t think she will fall for Jack since she will be going back to the US. Jack is thrilled that she agrees to their commitment free relationship with a firm expiration date in place. She didn’t expect that her heart would ever turn into emotional road kill. He didn’t think he would ever want to settle down…and this is their story.
I have to say I LOVED this book. Cates writing style is brilliant and engaging… and awesome steam factor. Read this books now...if you can deal with a cliffhanger ending. Cates published the first chapter of book two…which will hold me over. Ok…truth be told I’m dying for the next book. Cates is a writer to watch and this book effing rocks!

This review appears on www.facebook.com/Kindlecrack, www.KindleCrack.net, Goodreads, Amazon and Twitter.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty from Pain.

January 8, 2013 – Shelved
January 8, 2013 – Shelved as: romance-with-a-side-of-smut
February 1, 2013 – Started Reading
February 2, 2013 –
40.0% "Pretty good so far."
February 2, 2013 –
40.0% ""Baby, you've fucked my mind without touching my body.""
February 3, 2013 –
February 3, 2013 –
February 3, 2013 – Finished Reading
February 4, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Shari Nugnes Thanks for the recco! I added it to my list!!

Juany I totally agree. Phenomenal book :)

message 3: by Barrie (new)

Barrie Procter Love your reviews!!!

message 5: by Shari (last edited Feb 08, 2013 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shari Nugnes Ok...so I couldn't resist. I started reading it and i'm at 50%. I love it so far.

Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri I love this book... Can't wait for book two and to hear what you think.

Shari Nugnes I'm finished!! Absolutely LOVED it!! Can't believe we have to wait so long for the second one.

Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri I knew you would love this one! I can't believe it's not getting a ton of hype!

Shari Nugnes I totally agree! And I also love that you know exactly what i like!!

Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri I try Shari, I try :) ha . I might just pimp this book for the writer :). Post your review on here and Amazon -it really helps them and its nice to be nice :)

message 11: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi Frisch I just finished this book and absolutely LOVED it!! I didn't realize it was a series and I am really bummed that I now have to wait for the surrender one UGH!!!!