Harman's Reviews > Red Dirt Rocker

Red Dirt Rocker by Jody French

Jan 07, 2013

I was shocked when I finished this book. I never expected it too be this....good. I have no idea why but I didn't I got this book from Jody French herself, thank you Ms. French, and when I got the book it was skinny. Okay, whatever. Skinny books can still be good...at times. Then I looked in side of the book. Holy crap, that is some BIG print. Let me say that I was not so eager too read this book now. I like books with details. Skinny and big print book usually ends up with a 2 or 3 star rating because they have no detail. So there the book sat on my shelf for days, but my gaze kept on floating back to this book. The synopsis sounded so amazing.

So a couple days ago, I decided I was going to read this book once and for all. I freaking loved it. Forrest is such an amazing guy. I loved how he stayed true to himself. He didn't fall into the lure of alcohol or the chance to be an ass just because he was famous now. That just made me want to meet him and just get to know even more about him. It was sweet how he liked Sophie. It was so adorable to read about him falling for this girl and how he truly liked her.

I absolutely hated Heather. She...she was such a snob! D.J. as well. Though I must say, he has one awesome name. I loved how his mom wanted to capture every single moment of his career. I felt bad for him when he was torn up about not being able to play in the football because he had to go to a concert but I was glad he was following his dreams.

This book was truly enjoyable to read. I am really glad now that I read it. The cover is so cool. I looked up the real Forrest French and I think that he is on the cover. I looked up their music as well, and my oh my are they good. I really enjoyed listening to them. Maybe I'll end up downloading all of their songs, who knows? I had never heard of him before, so when I saw that he was a MTV artist I just had to look him up.

Guys, I really recommend that you guys read this book. I had a lot of fun reading this book. Also, I just want to tell Jody French that she is awesome. This is her first book and it just rocked.

Happy reading! :3
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Dirt Rocker.

January 7, 2013 – Started Reading
January 7, 2013 – Shelved
January 8, 2013 –
page 48
January 9, 2013 –
page 85
January 10, 2013 – Finished Reading

Jody French You are awesome Harman!! Thank you so much for taking the time to read a copy and post a review! You are exactly the reason that I wrote Red Dirt Rocker! So thrilled that you enjoyed the story based on Forrest's adventures and character! I hope it has inspired you to follow all of your dreams no matter how big! Many blessings to you! Jody French
(And yes...that is Forrest on the cover :) lol~ I know he appreciates the fact that you looked up and loved his music as well! You so rock!