Nicole Hewitt's Reviews > Shades of Earth

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

Jan 06, 2013

I think I may have enjoyed this book in the series most of all so far. The new world that Amy and Elder and the other colonists land on is interesting and filled with danger and the story had many twists and turns that I was not expecting. I'm assuming that there will be more books in the series and will definitely be interested to see where Beth Revis goes with the story from here (although, I suspect that a love triangle is being set up for the next book and I think I could do without that element - we shall see).

UPDATE: I just read that Beth Revis calls this the "final" book in the series, so I guess my assumption was incorrect. I'm surprised - I could definitely see the story being continued. As a final book, I would have liked to see a little more wrap-up - I would have liked to see more of Amy's (and others') reaction to how she's changed in the end (I can't say more than that without giving too much away) and I would have liked a little more info on how the colony continued on. Still, I would give the book a solid 3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Earth.