AH's Reviews > The Visitor

The Visitor by Amanda Stevens

bookshelves: arc-netgalley, ghosts, mystery, paranormal, read-mar-2016

If I had to choose a few words to describe this book they would be: dark, ethereal, almost gothic, eerie.

The Visitor is book 4 in Amanda Stevens' Graveyard Queen series. I would recommend that you start with the first book in the series The Restorer in order to fully enjoy this series.

The Visitor continues the story of Amelia Gray as she learns a bit more about her background and why she seems to attract unwanted attention from the other side. It's an atmospheric book, set in the area surrounding Charleston, South Carolina. Amelia is a cemetery restorer, a creepy job if there ever was one. She restores old and overgrown cemeteries and while she works, she often encounters some spectral entities. The work is slow and tedious, the locales are downright creepy and overgrown. The people are often hiding secrets about their past. All these elements combine to create an enthralling story that kept me glued to the book.

As for the Devlin fans - I like him more and more with each subsequent book.

I'm very excited to hear that the next book in the series The Sinner is due out in September.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin MIRA for a review copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Visitor.

January 6, 2013 – Shelved