Vivian's Reviews > No Time for Goodbye

1999659
Mar 19, 2009

did not like it
Read in February, 2009

I picked this one up because the description reminded me of Harlan Coben's books, but was disappointed. The first half of the book, in which Barclay set up his story, is more description than action. I found it pretty boring. No great writing here either. So many readers have commented on the mounting suspense in this book. I found none of that. I felt none of the shock or sense of dread that I usually get when I read a mystery/thriller. Two thirds into the book, I didn't care what actually happened to Cynthia's family. Forgettable and not recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Time for Goodbye.

03/25/2016 marked as: read

Giedre I wholeheartedly agree. Forgettable is the right word. I couldn't really care less about what happened to them all, or why. It was like eating junk food, it's ok while you read it but you know it's not really worth it.

Fred Clifford I have never read even one Harlen Coben book that I thought was good, Linwood Barclay is SOOO much better

Lectus I was so bored that I just skipped to the end to see if the family was dead or not.

Željka aaw, you have high standards.. Coben is great and that's why I think people shouldn't expect someone to write like Coben. In case you didn't have that big expectation from this book you may be enjoying it much more!

Ricardo Vega I felt the same way at 2/3 of the book, i was thinking that i didn't care about Cynthia's family anymore. However, the suspense of the first half ot the book was good enough for me to give it at least 3 stars.

message 6: by Ola (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ola Jasińska I agree with you. First of all, quite bad writing. I mean- it's a smooth read, but I caught myself on skipping words or parts that seemed irrelevant. That stuff about Tess- that was stupid and the reason behind it too.
I've read one or two books by H.C. and although I don't remember details I would happily recommend the book while this one- it's a no-no.

Susie Amiatu Boring boring boring. I was half way through and realised that I didn't care what had happened. Time to move one.

message 8: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty Jackson I completely agree with this review well articulated