Heather Gunter's Reviews > The Secret of Ella and Micha

The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen

Jan 06, 2013

I didn't get to read this when it first came out but oh my gosh what a great read! Ella is from a poor community who left her life to become what she deems to be "better". Leaving it all and never turning back to attend College in Las Vegas. We meet Lila who has roomed with her for the last 8 months and who has gotten to know a different Ella.

Returning back home with Lila in tow seems hard and impossible. She is so afraid of becoming the person she used to be. Coming back home also means seeing Micah. Micah, her next door neighbor & her best friend growing up as well as the man she grew to love.

I loved Micah and that darn lip ring. The chemistry between these two was off the charts and burning on the page...

These characters have a complexity to them as well as a realness. With a dark past and situations left beyond their control they prove that living poor does not define who you are and that sometimes it's ok to just let go.

I am so looking forward to the next book and it couldn't get here any sooner for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of Ella and Micha.