Katy's Reviews > Earth Thirst

Earth Thirst by Mark Teppo

Jan 05, 2013

bookshelves: ebook, galley-for-review, net-galley
Recommended to Katy by: NetGalley
Recommended for: Those looking for something a little different about vampires

Book Info: Genre: Dark Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Those who are interested in a different take on vampires
Trigger Warnings: murder, violence, shooting

My Thoughts: Vampires as eco-warriors, a most interesting idea. Not only an unique take on vampires, but a unique take on the world in general, with a hidden war going on behind the scenes for millennia.

I'm not sure what to say about this story. There isn't a lot of character development, it's mostly action, but I definitely enjoyed reading it. The editing could have been better, but it is a galley, so hopefully any problems I noticed will have been fixed in the final copy. If you've been wanting something a little different about vampires, then definitely check this book out.

Disclosure: I received a copy from Night Shade Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: The Earth is dying. Humanity—over-breeding, over-consuming—is destroying the very planet they call home. Multinational corporations despoil the environment, market genetically modified crops to control the food supply, and use their wealth and influence and private armies to crush anything, and anyone, that gets in the way of their profits. Nothing human can stop them.

But something unhuman might.

Once they did not fear the sun. Once they could breathe the air and sleep where they chose. But now they can rest only within the uncontaminated soil of Mother Earth—and the time has come for them to fight back against the ruthless corporations that threaten their immortal existence.

They are the last guardians of paradise, more than human but less than angels. They call themselves the Arcadians.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Earth Thirst.

January 5, 2013 – Shelved
September 26, 2013 –
3.0% "Intriguing..."
September 26, 2013 –
September 27, 2013 –
100.0% "Working on review"
September 27, 2013 – Finished Reading