TAMMY CUEVAS's Reviews > An Angel by Her Side

An Angel by Her Side by Ruth  Reid

Jan 03, 2013

bookshelves: christian-fiction, amish-fiction

After losing her fiance in a tragic accident, Katie Bender found solace as well as a vocation in teaching. But when the school is destroyed by a tornado and the community doesn't want to rebuild, Katie's future is questionable. Fortunately, she has an angel by her side.

Upon first picking up this novel, I wasn't sure regarding the combination of Amish and angels. It sounded as though it might be a bit too "Touched by an Angel" for my liking. However, I have to admit that I enjoyed it. The battles between Elias and Razzen added a new depth to the typical Amish novel. And although the ending was predictable, the story made it worthwhile.

4 stars

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Angel by Her Side.