Emily's Reviews > The Fires of Heaven

The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan

Mar 15, 2009

liked it
Read in March, 2009

Working away from Perrin's point of view from the Fourth book, this one flows nicely.
Yes there are parts I was bored at, yes I wanted to throw the book. However, I kept reading it because the series is getting much better!

Kind of sad when Rand is revealed to a letter.

I have a love/hate relationship with the character no longer making appearances. She helps any way she can, the only way she knows how to. Yet, she treats Rand and everyone else like pets. Perhaps she knew something everyone did not.

crazy, I love her sacrifice at the end and am lost.

The Romance for Rand picks up here. While most women try to 'bed' him to kill him or to be with the Dragon, some love interests of Rands are discovered.
Plus, more than one woman truly loves him.

Overall a good book for Jordan, the love interest helps and the different story lines (where something is ACTUALLY happening) is great.

I'd give it 3.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fires of Heaven.

message 1: by Emily (last edited Mar 17, 2009 09:24PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emily wow, even though nothing really happened in the first few books, I was surprised at how much sadness I experienced when a character was dismissed. Maybe I am more attached to the books than I thought. I didnt even like the character.

Kind of sad when Moraine reveals to Rand her letter, even though she is annoying as hell.

I have a love/hate relationship with her. She helps any way she can, the only way she knows how to. Yet, she treats Rand and everyone else like pets. Perhaps she knew something everyone did not.

crazy, I love her sacrifice at the end and am lost.