Brooke Hargett's Reviews > Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife

Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander

Jan 02, 2013

liked it

This book was very interesting, simply by the nature of the topic. What intrigued me the most was Dr. Eben Alexander's credentials as a neurosurgeon- and prior to his experience, his brush-off view of near death experiences, or NDE's. He contracts an unprecedented case of meningitis and goes into a coma for seven days, and then, miraculously, recovers. His whole world view is altered and he feels a sense of responsibility to tell the world, and especially those in the medical community with a solid belief in science that excludes the supernatural, that he now believes there is something higher, something more after this life. What happened to his was a real as anything he's ever experienced. I really enjoyed about 3/4th of it and only didn't love some of his personal extrapolations and explanations towards the end of the book, but that is just my personal taste. Someone else may really enjoy that part. What he went through is amazing and definitely worth reading. I applaud him for sharing a very personal experience, especially in light of the perceived mockery he feared from his peers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Proof of Heaven.