Heather Gunter's Reviews > Hoax

Hoax by Lila Felix

Jan 02, 2013

It is on rare occasion that you find a book with such a strong female lead. A lead that possesses a lot of qualities such as kindness, courage and bravery just to name a few and NEVER ever boring. She's feisty & funny to boot. She stands up for what she believes in and doesn't back down. That is what started my love for this book initially.

Corine is yanked out of private school with no explanation whatsoever by her parents and who have a few unscrupulous things going on themselves...

Then you meet Abel her summer love who has a hard time saying no to the "bad" crowd once school starts & distancing himself and quickly learns that it is not something that Corine is willing to back down from.

Sean is a lovable sweet guy who gets bullied and tormented at school by the "group" and Corine comes to the rescue and befriends him. They have an innocent "friend" relationship and he made the book all the better...

Here is what I absolutely adore & have come to always expect from Lila's books. You can always expect a constant flowing dialogue, she is always true to her characters, never compromises and ALWAYS makes it relatable. Lila has a way with words. They flow seamlessly and makes you feel like you are a spectator in her story.

This is a book about choosing right from wrong and not going with the populous. Seeing a couple progress from friends to a relationship worth fighting for and watching it blossom.

The only complaint I have, is that I wasn't ready for it to end. I always look forward to another Lila Felix book!!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hoax.