Holly's Reviews > Dance with the Devil

bookshelves: 2009, my-dream-men
Recommended for: fans of the Dark Hunter series/tortured heroes

5+++ Stars
*All Time Favorite Book List*

This book inspired so many emotions for me.

Long before I fell in love with the King of all Tortured Heroes, Zsadist (from JR Ward's brilliant Black Dagger Brotherhood series), there was Zarek. A truly frightening lone-wolf assassian who delights in shocking and scaring the hell out of anyone who even attempts to get to know him.

Zarek's backstory is heartbreaking. And in fact, a lot of the flashback scenes are a bit hard to read. But that only made me love this character more by seeing the reasons he ended up being so damaged...so cold. When Astrid enters his life, she becomes his lifeline, his reason to not give in completely to the darkness. Their scenes together are not always perfect. Kenyon frustrated me with a couple of the encounters that the two of them ended up having, but it still adds up to one of the most satisfying, heart-wrenching, and beautiful stories I have ever read.

Kenyon's dialogue here, shines. Some of the things that Zarek says to Astrid were heartbreakingly beautiful and romantic. In my opinion this is SK's best work, and Zarek is a character that I will never forget.

*read more reviews at my blog*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dance with the Devil.

Quotes Holly Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I wasn't born, I was unleashed.”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dance with the Devil

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Even if I were lying on the sun itself, I would be freezing there without you. (Zarek)”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dance with the Devil