Airicka Phoenix's Reviews > Masquerade

Masquerade by Cambria Hebert

Jan 01, 2013

bookshelves: all-time-fav-indies

WHERE do I even begin with this book? Oh, I know! How about 'where has it been all my life?' or maybe 'why did nobody tell me about it sooner?!' Yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings towards this book and this amazing author.

Cambria Hebert has created a world that is so completely unlike any I have ever ventured into. Every minute is like a deep gulp of fresh air after years and years of stale, recycled air. It's beautiful. The characters are wonderful, and the way Ms. Hebert has crafted them, you FEEL them. I mean literally as though you're Haven or Sam. You feel as though you know them. You want to protect them and keep them safe (and kill certain characters that I shall refrain from mentioning although the author I'm sure knows exactly who I refer to. I still vote for death by pencil!).

The moment I opened this book, I was engulfed. Literally sucked into the dark, twisted world. Heven, a pretty, popular girl, gets attacked by a monster while walking home one day that leaves her horribly disfigured. Well, we get glimpses of this monster all throughout the book, little peeks that'll leave you shivering. The description is so vivid, so intense, you can almost feel the night air breathing on your neck as you watch Heven trying to make her way home, her heels clicking on concrete, then clacking loudly as she attempts to run from the beast behind her. It's all so much!

I loved Sam. I've already decided to kidnap him and keep him in my book boyfriend dungeon. It's getting quite full in there, but there will always be room for gorgeous, delicious Sam.

He's so protective, so honest and passionate. He was perfect for Heven, who was so broken and needed someone patient to bring her out of her shell. He's so careful with her and I just loved that.

There are a few more parts to this series. You can believe that I will most definitely be getting them. This series has shot up to top spot on my favorite series list.

Well done, Ms. Hebert! You have most definitely got yourself a loyal follower!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masquerade.