Heather Gunter's Reviews > The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden

The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

Jan 01, 2013

bookshelves: books-i-love

I absolutely loved this book hard. I loved the Secret of Ella and Micah but this blew it out of the water for me. Yes, it's that good!

Callie isn't quiet like all the other 18 year old girls. She's been hiding a secret. A horrible, horrific dark secret that happened at the age of 12 and keeps her from having any relationships with people. Oh sweet Callie. I wanted to literally throw my arms around her shoulders and never let her go. She never had an adult she felt she could confide in so she harbors this horrible secret all by herself.

Kayden is the star football player and has really never noticed Callie. But then one fateful night changes everything. One night at a party she catches Kayden being given a beat down by someone very close to him and she intervenes. Consequences be damned. Kayden also has some secrets of his own and how he deals with his pain...

Callie is strong whether she knows it or not. Anybody would have to be to have kept this secret to herself and lived with it without going crazy.

Kayden quickly became a favorite and my heart broke for him. How do you know your self worth if you are never told that you are good? That you can do things remarkably well and that you aren't always a screw up?

We learn so many different things in this book. Things that aren't normally talked about or recognized.
Jessica Sorensen continues to amaze me. She makes you feel and root for these characters. My only complaint was the very last page... It ended way to soon for me and I am in anticipation for book 2!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden.

Robin - Wicked By Design Love it!!

Smitten's Book Blog So excited to read this but forcing myself to wait until the sequel is out. Great review. x