Luke Burrage's Reviews > Great North Road

Great North Road by Peter F. Hamilton

bookshelves: audio-book, reviewed-on-the-sfbrp

Full review on my podcast, SFBRP episode #178.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Great North Road.

January 1, 2013 – Started Reading
January 1, 2013 – Shelved
January 2, 2013 –
20.0% "This is a big book. I have no problem with that."
January 4, 2013 –
50.0% "A two credit book from Audible. You know what? It's totally worth two credits (for me, so far, not got to the end yet... other hedging applies)."
January 5, 2013 –
66.0% "I've not checked if this is the first in a series."
January 6, 2013 –
85.0% "I like a book half based in a city where I once lived. Even the mundane details are exciting to me!"
January 7, 2013 –
98.0% ""A xenomorph might be involved..."\n \n "It's a bug hunt."\n \n "I say we take off and nuke the entire place from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.""
January 7, 2013 – Shelved as: audio-book
January 7, 2013 – Shelved as: reviewed-on-the-sfbrp
January 7, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Guillermo (new)

Guillermo  Which city?

Luke Burrage Newcastle. Isn't it in the book description?

message 3: by Tamahome (last edited Jan 07, 2013 04:26AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tamahome Away wi' you man! (Did I sound Geordie? Maybe you can do the review in a Geordie dialect.)

Luke Burrage I'm really not good at accents.

Tamahome Aww, crap on it!

Luke Burrage You listened to the book too?

message 7: by Tamahome (last edited Jan 07, 2013 12:33PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tamahome No, reading paper or kindle. But they use those phrases a lot. No more 'Jesus wept' like in the Mandel books. How's the accents in the audiobook?

Tamahome Ever read Hamilton's YA book, Lightstorm?

Luke Burrage Tamahome wrote: "Ever read Hamilton's YA book, Lightstorm?"

Nope. It never interested me at the time, and I forgot about it since then.

message 10: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M years back I glanced into a Hamilton book and didn't like it, and somehow never considered him again.
Then I listened to Luke's review of Great North Road and just finished reading one of the best SciFi books I've ever read (and I have read loads). Thanks so much for that review :)