Melanie's Reviews > Double Wolf Dare You

F 50x66

it was ok

So many issues

Rating:2.25 🌈

I had really hoped that the third book would see a change in course back to the style and level of storytelling that I found so charming and engaging in The Crazy Bookshop. Then came Where There’s a Witch There’s a Way and what I felt was a breakdown in the narrative which left huge hunks of exposition untold as well as serious character issues and plot issues left dangling.

I was going to leave the series there. But saw this release and thought, maybe the issues I had in book two were just items the author was saving until now. Hence , Double Wolf Dare You.

Reads book.

Me: *hitting head against desk*

Author: ?

Me: remember issues from last book?

Author: nods

Me: not resolved. Added more.

Me: a Big Bad from Books 1 & 2 calls the MC, Temp, threatens him to strip him of magic?

Author: yes

Me: The MC says nothing to anyone. Because, hey, he doesn’t feel it’s a threat . Even though the person says he, a former enemy , is coming for them all AGAIN. Right?

Author: yes

Me: Then of course, he gets sick and blah blah because he told no one.

Author: yes

Me: so if anything logical or smart as telling ppl a former enemy was coming to strip everybody’s magical abilities AGAIN, uh well, 🤔.. you wouldn’t have a book? Correct?

Author:

Me: So stupidity , miscommunication , and repetitive plot issues are in store for the readers for the rest of the narrative because of that factor?

Author:

Me: sigh

And I’m really finally absolutely done with this series. No amount of small imaginative details can save it from decision making like that.

Honestly, towards the end I was flipping pages to save myself a headache from reading the increasingly worsening situations and dialogues before me.

Oh no! Let’s go back to the town full of evil magic and endless catacombs that we should have finished off in
Books 1 and 2, and said so , but didn’t because we needed to be idiotic and return in Book 3! Plus it’s the only evil town around apparently. SMH

Yes, I’m done with characters that are TSTL, TSTC, and plots/writing that just are so narratively illogical and plain awful.

I don’t know who’s a fan of these stories, I’ll leave them to you. I’m bowing out.

Cadenbury Town series:
🔹The Crazy Bookshop 1
🔹Where There’s a Witch There’s a Way 2
🔹Double Wolf Dare You #3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Wolf Dare You.

Started Reading