Amy (Foxy)'s Reviews > Unbeautifully

Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan

Dec 31, 2012

bookshelves: 2013-books-i-ve-read, may-2013, buddy-reads, spring-2013-5-stars, 5-stars-2013

Wow!!! Another great book in Madeline Sheehan's series.

I love the TV show Sons of Anarchy but I love these books even MORE!!!

I love all the craziness and how authentic the book feels.

description

Book 1- Undeniable

SERIES:
Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2) by Madeline Sheehan Unattainable (Undeniable, #3) by Madeline Sheehan Unbeloved (Undeniable, #4) by Madeline Sheehan Undying (Undeniable, #5) by Madeline Sheehan
No cliffhangers but each story follows the previous one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbeautifully.

December 31, 2012 – Shelved
May 13, 2013 – Started Reading
May 13, 2013 –
1.0% "The prologue is AWESOME!\n \n description"
May 13, 2013 –
6.0% ""DANNY! BABY!"\n \n description"
May 13, 2013 –
11.0% "'He'd been waiting to die all day long and when a man knows he's going to die but doesn't know when or how, it makes for a very unpleasant wait.\n \n description"
May 13, 2013 –
21.0% "I didn't see that coming! \n \n description"
May 15, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013-books-i-ve-read
May 15, 2013 – Shelved as: may-2013
May 15, 2013 – Shelved as: buddy-reads
May 15, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 2, 2013 – Shelved as: spring-2013-5-stars
February 19, 2014 – Shelved as: 5-stars-2013

Jenn im going to stalk your up dates on this one

Amy (Foxy) It's really good...wish I had more time to read.
Yesterday (Mother's Day) was my day to read (I asked that the teens go out on the boat for the day so I could read). Wish I had this book yesterday...I would of never gotten dressed. LOL

Tamara  Hook Me Up Book Blog I'm just about to start it - looking forward to it!!!

Amy (Foxy) I really like it so far. Entertaining like Undeniable

Jenn Now I'm curious as to what you didn't see coming.

Amy (Foxy) You want me to tell you or are you going to read this?

Jenn I really want you to tell me lol. I'll still read it but sometimes I need info before reading especially a book like this lol.

message 8: by Amy (Foxy) (last edited May 14, 2013 09:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy (Foxy) Okay, this surprised me. (view spoiler) The craziness of this story is great.

Jenn That's a "oh snap" moment. That will def not play out good, I think. Thanks for letting me know. :)

message 10: by Bren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bren I WANT TO GO HOME TO FINISH...LOVE THIS!~!!\

IS THIS JUST ME OR IS THIS BOOK BETTER...

LOVE EVA STILL.. BUT IS IT?OR I WAS JUST IN NEED OF MADELINE THAT THIS IS OUT OF THIS WORLD?

message 11: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Amy- (view spoiler)

message 12: by Bren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bren Jenn he wasn't in undeniable ..
He's knew .. And did you hear there will be five books total in this series

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Holy smokes! Okay I'm glad I wasn't going nuts that I didn't know who that was. LOL! I didn't know it was 5. Who are they all about?

message 14: by Bren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bren Dorothy and jase

Cage and Reagan

Zz

Are the next three

Amy (Foxy) Super excited for the upcoming books. So many great possibilities the author left open for these characters.

Amy (Foxy) Brenda, isn't it Dorothy, Jase and Hawk. Right now I'm team Hawk

message 17: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn It is three. I want to be for Jase too but he's the idiot in this whole series for me. If he loved her he would have finally cut his old lady loose. I feel bad for Jase but I want Hawk too.

Amy (Foxy) Wait until you read what happens to those three in this book. Eeeeekkkk

Tamara  Hook Me Up Book Blog I've just finished it and loved it too!

Amy (Foxy) Tamara wrote: "I've just finished it and loved it too!"

Wasn't it a fun ride?! When I heard book two was about Danny I wasn't excited. But once I read the prologue I was all in. :)

Tamara  Hook Me Up Book Blog I was the same! I loved how she did the prologue and then backtracked and told the story - it was really well written I thought. One of the things I love the most about this series is how she keeps the feelings real, like with what Deuce and Eva dealt with in this book, rather than glossing over heartache and mixed emotions that we experience in real life that some authors don't seem to include in their stories, if that makes sense.

Amy (Foxy) Yes, that does make sense and I agree! I was surprised that we got to go through Eva and Deuce's struggle. It was brilliant how the author wove those stories all together. I loved getting the back story.

message 23: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Tamara- I agree with you. I think she did a great job with the emotions and giving us the back story, especially what happen with Ripper. Every time she wrote about Deuce's pain and the memories that held him hostage I would choke up. I wanted to hate him for what he was doing to Eva however, couldn't hate him. He was in pain and trying to cope but not knowing how to work out his demons. It felt real to me each time he lived through a memory.

I thought the author did a great job with how she took us from present then past Ns through the three years and back in to the present. We were able to see how all of the West family and Ripper dealt with the pain and how their loves were jacked over from Frankie's havoc. The author did a great job weaving these two stories together and making it flow nicely so it all molded together perfectly.

Erica Always love your gifs. Reading it this weekend!

Amy (Foxy) Thanks, Erica.
You'll enjoy the craziness of this story. It is such a page turner

Cynthia I loved this one! Wasn't a fan of the gangrape but everything else was amazing. So excited for Cage and Tegan's book.

Amy (Foxy) Cynthia, I totally agree. Made me uncomfortable because even those biker boys are badass she made them like able characters.

Yay! For Cage and Tegan's story. :)

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* Wasn't this awesome?!?!

message 29: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn I don't know how much of a fan I will be for Tegen. She wasn't my favorite. I hope she's redeemable in her book for me. I just want to see what's up with Cage.

message 30: by Bren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bren Jenn!!! Thank you ...not a teagan fan either ..

I know cage is man whore ... But man whore and all I hope teagan gets better because he's too good for her right now .. Yes I said it ! Love that man whore !! He's deuces baby and I of course am EVA so I have to protect my own .. Lmao

message 31: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Bren- lol. I'm glad someone is with me on this. I can't stand Tegen. I don't even like how she ended up looking at the end of this book either. I can't picture Cage being with a woman that looks all hippie and overly tattooed up. I wanted a woman who could hold her own against him but still was womanly and feminine and a bit soft too. If that makes sense. lol. I really hope that it can be pulled off for me to like her in Cage's book.

message 32: by Bren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bren Jen totally agree .. She's so hard now .. And she was bitter before too .. In fact I don't think I ever saw any softness .. I agree fully with you ..

We can be the Tegan haters together till she proves us otherwise .. Lol

message 33: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn LMAO!!! THC=Tegen Hater's Club. ;o) I was okay with her at the beginning when she was this wallflower. Then shy turned to this hard, bitter, cynical person and I don't like it. She will definitely need to prove herself. I'm really going to have a hard time with their book.

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* Jenn wrote: "Bren- lol. I'm glad someone is with me on this. I can't stand Tegen. I don't even like how she ended up looking at the end of this book either. I can't picture Cage being with a woman that looks al..."

NO, NO, I totally agree!! She was a t-total beyatch at the end. And yeah, even though I want a woman who can hold her own with Cage, she just seems not good enough. I also agree with the hippiness. Hope he straightens her out, because I was excited for his story, but not to excited for her. :(

Amy (Foxy) I'm joining THC. No smelly hippie girl for me either.

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* Amy (Foxy) wrote: "I'm joining THC. No smelly hippie girl for me either."

lol, definitely a THC.

message 37: by Bren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bren Haha smelly hippie girl ..

message 38: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Jamie & Amy- Lmao! Yay!

message 39: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Jamie- I agree, she isn't good enough for him. I wish he could get someone else for his woman.

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* Jenn wrote: "Jamie- I agree, she isn't good enough for him. I wish he could get someone else for his woman."

sigh :( me too! Maybe she is like some of our other damaged hero's. She's been turned hard with the way things have gone for her mom and the things she has seen. maybe Cage will have to tear down her walls to get to the squishy sweet middle and then she'll be more likeable. LOL, I'm trying to be optimistic. :/

Amy (Foxy) And who do want for Dorothy? I've been Team Hawk even before the shooting.

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* DEFINITELY TEAM HAWK!!! Yeah, I liked him before the shooting too, I can't wait for their story.

message 43: by Bren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bren Yes !!! Team Hawk ... But as EVA ... I do belong to deuce .. Lol

But hawk is mighty fine :) yum love the whole
" I dropped a load "

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* Bren wrote: "Yes !!! Team Hawk ... But as EVA ... I do belong to deuce .. Lol

But hawk is mighty fine :) yum love the whole
" I dropped a load ""

OMG, I know me too!! :)

message 45: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Jamie- LOL! Okay I like your way of thinking. I will have to adopt that attitude and hope for the best.

message 46: by Jenn (last edited May 23, 2013 05:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn I'm all for Team Hawk as well. I want to love Jase...but yeah, not gonna happen. He royally screwed the pooch there. He had time to get his act together and do something better yet, he didn't. I'm all for Hawk and will be hoping like hell that she chooses him. Jase needs a dose of his own medicine. I'm actually glad she has (view spoiler) so she can start with a clean slate.

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* Jenn wrote: "I'm all for Team Hawk as well. I want to love Jase...but yeah, not gonna happen. He royally screwed the pooch there. He had time to get his act together and do something better yet, he didn't. I'm ..."

I agree, we have been watching Jase be an ass to her for two books now. Now that everything has fallen apart, and (view spoiler)

message 48: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Jamie- AMEN to that! I agree, (view spoiler) This will be an interesting book for sure. May the BEST man win.

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* (view spoiler) I agree definitely going to be a best man take all thing. Just hope it's Hawk.

message 50: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn LMAO! That would be awesome.

« previous 1